ReefCleaners.org

IM Nuvo 20 Scape Help

SarlinDescent

SarlinDescent

Looking for feedback. Euphylia island on the left and acans, favia, and zoa's on the right. Top of the right will also contain SPS. MP10 guaranteed upper right.

20170214_212314.jpg

20170214_212324.jpg

20170214_212332.jpg

Also including an inverted layout. Concerned slightly about flow on the DPS being too direct for the first layout. Will I be good on the second if the MP10 is positioned enough above torches?

20170214_213313.jpg

20170214_213308.jpg

20170214_213302.jpg

do not smoke the reef(er)

You will get a considerable amount of flow on the left side as well, particularly infront of the top rock be prepared. I have a similar layout right now. Might want to consider having SPS island on the left side of your aquarium.

Really digging the scape though looks awesome.

post-92637-0-69727000-1487204081_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
SarlinDescent

The left side rock broke on me, so I need to rebuild it.  I will be removing all egg crate except for what is directly under the rocks.  The egg crate does an amazing job at securing the rocks so that they can't rock or shift.

I like the second aquascape.

Put your sps where the most flow is.

The eggcrate is to prevent rock tumbling and cracking glass from rock points.

I've used it and never had issues. I often cut it to shape around the rocks so there is open area. 

SarlinDescent

Tank still a little murky, but here's a shot.  Removed all egg crate not under the rocks before adding sand.  Sand is caribisea special grade.

20170305_104839.jpg

SarlinDescent

Top of the left is SPS, rest of the left is acans and favia.  Little rocks on the left are zoa's.  Right is all euphylia.

do not smoke the reef(er)
6 hours ago, SarlinDescent said:

Top of the left is SPS, rest of the left is acans and favia.  Little rocks on the left are zoa's.  Right is all euphylia.

Doing my tank similar, have SPS on the left and euphylia on the right.

Love the way the scape turned out. looking good!

Archived