SaltCritters.com

Radial File Fish Pair Divers Den?

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

I never had a filefish pair.

Sorry I was thinking of William, not sure why i mixed you guys up! He had a pair and loved them, i think it could be a neat combo to have but it seems like they have all types of files except for radials.

chipmunkofdoom2

Filefish are great fish. I wouldn't have ever considered them before I started working at the National Aquarium, but we have two in our Community Living tank, and the personality is great. They're with some more aggressive tankmates and have trouble competing for food, so they come right up to the surface and sort of "spit" water at you when you climb behind the tank to feed. I toss a handful of krill on the other side of the tank to distract the more aggressive tankmates, then I hand feed them clams. Really awesome fish.

Be sure to post pics when you get them.

flatlandreefer

They are a little camera shy but I managed to get a few pictures that were in focus! I really like these guys, I did have to turn down my mp10 out of fear that one was going to get sucked in.

CCB59E68-EA86-4D72-89EA-5E30D29A56F9_zpsFAEB1728-44BB-4FF6-A4FA-876C0EABC8EE_zps217D8DD1-036F-483D-A472-03A8A8319CB2_zpsC20E3A29-CEC1-4A7E-A8E9-1026A816E19F_zps

Archived