Cultivated Reef

Powerheads for Pico Tanks for under $25?

3s1k

What powerhead would you recommended for under $25 for 10 gallons? I was going to go with the Hydor Pico 180 but read a lot of bad reviews. I was thinking of going with a Hydor Centrifugal 200gph but I'm not sure the difference between a regular power head and a centrifugal.

Anyways what other Powerheads would you recommended for a Pico tank.

Only thing I could find usable is hydor Pico evolution (albeit all the glitches) And ATO pumps. They don't have much gph, but being dc pumps, you can use them as wave makers. I use them for 3g picos. Might be little too slow for a 10g tank

Oceanbox Designs

What powerhead would you recommended for under $25 for 10 gallons? I was going to go with the Hydor Pico 180 but read a lot of bad reviews. I was thinking of going with a Hydor Centrifugal 200gph but I'm not sure the difference between a regular power head and a centrifugal.

Anyways what other Powerheads would you recommended for a Pico tank.

I actually have a Pico 180 and its been working great for me for over 2 years. Had to clean it out when it get noisy but otherwise no problem for me.

I actually have a Pico 180 and its been working great for me for over 2 years. Had to clean it out when it get noisy but otherwise no problem for me.

Is the flow rate adjustable on the Pico 180?

Thought about using one instead of the air pump on my reef bowl. Not sure I'm getting enough flow the way it is right now. My zoas are open so maybe there is.

Oceanbox Designs

Is the flow rate adjustable on the Pico 180?

Thought about using one instead of the air pump on my reef bowl. Not sure I'm getting enough flow the way it is right now. My zoas are open so maybe there is.

yes it is. Its going to be very strong in a reel bowl though. I love it so i bought a 2nd unit as backup but never need to use it yet.

Archived