inTank Media Baskets

Community Website Upgrade Feb 16, 2017

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

After years in the making, I am excited to announce that Nano-Reef.com will be launching a new community website on February 16th!

nq9wjp.png

Our new website is familiar and yet all new at the same time. There are a myriad of new features, but the biggest ones are:

• Fully featured access for tablet and mobile device users! Our new site can scale to all screen sizes, transforming automatically to the most appropriate navigation for your device, all while providing the same features and control as the desktop site. No more dumbed-down mobile view!
  • An all new WYSIWYG post editor that automatically embeds linked content from an array of sources like Youtube, Flickr, Instagram, Vimeo, and so much more. Just paste a link and you will see the content automatically embedded into your post before you even submit it. You will also be able to drag and drop photos for upload, as well as upload photos right from your mobile devices. No more clumsy BBCode needed, but you can still use it if you really want!
  • A robust notification system that can extend to your desktop computer's system notifications, offering notifications when someone posts a response to a topic you've subscribed to, mentions you in a post (with new @username tags!), sends you a message, posts on your profile page, and so much more. Fully customizable, you'll get the notices only that you want, even if you're not currently viewing the site.
  • New profile pages that you can personalize with a header image and post personal status updates, as well as post public messages to other users on their pages.
  • A new live activity stream showing all new topics, posts, likes, and images shared with the community. Best of all it is fully customizable, you can create your own activity streams to filter only the specific forums and content that you want to follow.
  • A new robust search engine to help you find the exact content that you're looking, by forum, topic, or even our gallery and articles. We'll be giving up our Google based search.

In order to facilitate the migration of our 16 years of community data, the website will be temporarily offline starting Wednesday evening, February 15th at approximately 8 PM EST. While the data is being moved and upgraded to be compatible with our new website, this existing website will be available in a 'read only' mode, so you can browse existing posts and messages, but new posts and messages will not be allowed until the new website is live. I will be working through the night to get the new website ready to launch later in the day on Thursday February 16th. Downtime should be far less than 24 hours, but please plan accordingly.

When the new website goes live on Thursday you will need to log in again with your current password. All of our posts and topics will be there just as they were before, and your old bookmarks and links will continue to work too. I've been squashing bugs with a beta test website in advance of the final website upgrade, so I am anticipating a smooth transition, but I'm sure there will be a few bugs left to fix once we're back online. Your help and patience during this time is appreciated!

• Like 35

Great to hear Chris. I've been here so long I remember when you updated to this current format some 10 years ago. Its by far my favorite forum website and layout. I look foward to the new one.

• Like 1
Michael_Price

Looking forward to the Advanced Search Option combined with Google!

Our new site can scale to all screen sizes, transforming automatically to the most appropriate navigation for your device, all while providing the same features and control as the desktop site. No more dumbed-down mobile view!

+1 Awesome!

• Like 1

288jrb.pngat6jt.png

I really excited for everyone to finally see it! Here's a look at the homepage from a mobile phone view, you can see how the mobile navigation works.

ok so where can I read more about genas 500g aquarium?
  • Like 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Community Website Upgrade Feb 16, 2017
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic