inTank Media Baskets

LIVE ROCK

reefbizkit

I am back in the game. After several years off reefing I am jumping back in with a nano tank. Still deciding the set up but now I have money to do things right. That being said, I'm researching live rock distributors. Looking for cool rock to kick this thing off right. Does anyone have experience with Tampa Bay Saltwater? What does your tank look like after 6 months? A year? Any of that cool growth actually stick around. What are your thoughts reefers? I'm pretty much a noob after this long out of the scene.

Thanks for your input. I'm welcome to hear thoughts on good AIO setups as well.

Haven't shopped with Tampa Bay, but check out Gulf Live Rock. Check out my build thread to see the kind of rocks I received. Lots of life - macros, corals, cucumbers, sponges, coraline, bivalves, (maybe a shrimp?), stars, everything. VERY happy with them. Would recommend them hands down. A few others on here have used them as well.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/378145-lbulletms-foray-into-fish-new-fish-and-new-corals-coming/?p=5424650

Tampa Bay Saltwater is great. If you go with them, you might not really need to get any coral--you get so many pieces along with "the package." I got a ton of gorgonians, sponges, anemones, etc. It was amazing.

ONE problem, though.You will also get lots and lots of gorilla crabs. Do your best to get them out. I never realized how many I had, and they were the reason a lot of things I got afterwards disappeared or didn't make it. Finally, I added a pistol shrimp and it seemed to kill all of them (and the hermits) off.

Archived