Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bozeman

Ranjib

I have some mixed new for this tank. Two of the sexy shrimp was nipping at my acans, and zoas. Zoas would not open their polyp, while acan incur some tissue loss. I had to intervene. For quiet some time I was thinking of isolating my fast growing corals, GSP, cloves and radioactive dragon eye zoa , and I decided to make the move, move those corals in this tank and acans out to Biocube. 

Long story short, this tank has now changed rockscape as well as coral livestock. I like the new look as well, its green and gives me a sense of tranquility. Sexy shrimps are still nipping at zoas, but I think their numbers reduce the damage incurred to individual polyps rather less.

Let me know how you think about the tank over all. I am not too sad about it, since I was able to readjust without any casualty

Corals , July 1st

Notice several frags of liam's clove, prepared them for give away in local reef club (bay area reefers)

Corals , July 1st

Bottom part of the tank is two types of GSP. Middle is knopia polyp clove, top part is radioactive dragon eye zoa and green lantern zoa,

Corals , July 1st

A red and a purple monti is on both the sides, 

Corals , July 1st

Got some nice macros as well

Montipora polyp under 21x macro , looks better than my naked eye :-)

Corals , July 1st

GSP

Corals , July 1st

Liam's clove frag, waiting for a lucky local reefer to be picked up

Corals , July 1st

• Like 2

I really dont  have a plan other than making the tank thrive, which means ensuring things are in harmony. I kinda like its look, both now and how it used to look. I occasionally shuffle things around my three tanks as and when some changes required, like the way I moved most of my zoas from this tank, due to sexy shrimp nipping them.

I want to see among GSP, cloves (knopia and liam's) and radioactive dragon eye zoa which one claims most of the available real estate in this one, given theres already very little left.

From my experience with sexy shrimp and earlier emerald crab I am hesitant to introduce any inverts :-( . I might go for a clown goby, if I get some positive feedback from the forum, but thats coming after few months.

If none of the existing fast growing corals cover the dark areas in the tank, I might introduce some leptoseris or cyphrasta later in those areas, from my BC29, assuming the frags there grow well by that time.

• Like 1
On 7/6/2017 at 6:43 AM, Friendly said:

afraid to introduce any inverts because of your sexy shrimp and emerald crab. ermmm...aren't those inverts?  :mellow:

Yeah, I mean anything new.  I moved the crab to my 29G biocube. And this one now has only gsp and radioactive dragoneye zoa, both of them grow rapidly and I have multiple colony of each, so Im fine if sexy shrimp is nipping those, I think those corals will grow back.

The other pico, Healdburg, which now houses zoa/paly exclusively has no inverts.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Utahpico said:

Looks good, but Your zoas need a little more of something..

They are being harassed by the sexy shrimps. I really dont know what to do with this couple, cant just throw them off.

If I move the zoas out and leave them in my BC29, they just go bonker and grown crazy.. I have given at least 7 frags in last 1.5 years in the local forum. I want to limit their growth but i certainly dont like seeing them closed of being harassed by these shrimps

12 minutes ago, Utahpico said:

I have way to many crabs and snails in my 3g, because I downsized from 20g and they are all over the place, so I know the feeling. 

sounds like you need to get a puffer.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

August fts

36574960265_de7bebaa6e_b.jpg

corals are doing alright. Both sexy shrimps are eating well. Gsp has started growing on the glass :-/, I might scrape it off if it goes outta control

36574960645_9e161c862c_b.jpg

i added a candy cane and a hectors goby :-). Very shy fish 

36528197536_ed0d036445_b.jpg

36178580000_9fbcbddcac_b.jpg

36575232075_5abd0c0ab5_b.jpg

asterina stars are multiplying . I see two or three of them at a time. Mostly at night. I found one hanging around I. The front glass during the weekend afternoon 

36234199461_e081c1ea09_b.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

What a beautiful tank! Are the sexies behaving themselves?

They didnt in the beginning. I had to move all the zoas to healdsburg, my other pico. Now they dont have anything to bother. They can nip at GSP... I have not seen them bothering the hector goby.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2017 at 6:40 AM, Friendly said:

such an awesome tank, Ranjib! tyvm for sharing with us :D

can you refresh us what all you've got going in there?

Sorry for the late reply,

this is a 3.7 G imagitarium tank (From petco),  almost a year old now,, housing GSP, montipora capricorns, liams clove, all harvested from my biocube ,  only candy cane (new) is from LFS. Its lit on kessil A80, return is rio 90,