Innovative Marine Aquariums

Smiz's IM Fusion 20g Peninsula (Adding Fuge??)

smiz

Converting this thread to accountn for a tank change! We are upgrading from a IM Fusion 10 to the IM 20g Peninsula! I always wanted a peninsula tank and this was an easy choice as it has the same chamber size as the 10g. All my existing equipment will fit and work perfectly!

Display: Innovative Marine Fusion 20 Peninsula
Lighting: NanoBox Duo Plus M
Circulation: 2x Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10ES
Skimmer: None for now
Media Reactor: IM Minimax Desktop
Return Pump: Stock Return Pump
Heater: 1x Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Aquarium 50w Heater
ATO: Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152
Controller: Neptune System Aqua Controller Jr.
Filtration: Filter Media
Dosing: Two BRS dosing pump, have never dosed so will figure it out when the time comes.

• Like 1

Also a bit disappointed with how the tank was packaged. The tape holding the plastic in place around it was actually stuck directly onto the glass in one place. when I peeled it off all the residue was left behind. I had to scrape with a razor for over 30 mins and still was unable to get it all off. It currently looks like a dirty smudge on the side of the tank. I'm going to let it air out and will try again, hopefully with more success.

3 minutes ago, smiz said:

Also a bit disappointed with how the tank was packaged. The tape holding the plastic in place around it was actually stuck directly onto the glass in one place. when I peeled it off all the residue was left behind. I had to scrape with a razor for over 30 mins and still was unable to get it all off. It currently looks like a dirty smudge on the side of the tank. I'm going to let it air out and will try again, hopefully with more success.

Try Goo Gone for the tape residue. Then clean the glass really well with vinegar/water and let dry. 

10 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Try Goo Gone for the tape residue. Then clean the glass really well with vinegar/water and let dry. 

Thanks I have some at home ill give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...

So I moved the tank upstairs and had a master plan in place to build a floating desk in line with the stand. I'm starting to not like the look of having the stand wider than the tank and might consider building a new one. Ill post pics tonight.

On a side note. The stock pump is so loud I almost lost acceptance of having this upstairs from the wife. I had to tell her the pump was broken and a new one is on the way....the new one happens to be a sicce 1.0 lol.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, rrocky said:

where do you plan on mounting the mp10's? post some pics of the tank mang! 

I was going to put one on each side staggered, however I'm starting to reconsider and take a look at the maxspec or another option that will be less obtrusive. 

My last tank was SPS, Im thinking of mainly doing LPS for this tank. I just dont really like the look of having a mp10 hanging off. One would look fine but not sure how much its going to help in the random flow department.

So here's the space. This used to just be two of these cool barber chairs. I'm said to see them go but love having the tank upstairs. Still debating if a desk will look good in the space or not. 

Im planning on getting a custom built ceramic scape from a buddy and just threw in some old rock to give me something to look at :)

still a long ways to go but im pretty happy so far. 

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

I switched over to the Sicce 1.0 last night and WOW. I've always run these pumps on all my builds but I never had anything to compare them to before running. It is a huge difference compared to the stock pump in noise level! Very happy!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Managed to move all the fish in and some of the coral, things are looking good! Snapped this grumpy pic of the watchman goby ( named meh)

Adam's Guppy.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2017 at 9:00 AM, smiz said:

I switched over to the Sicce 1.0 last night and WOW. I've always run these pumps on all my builds but I never had anything to compare them to before running. It is a huge difference compared to the stock pump in noise level! Very happy!

Glad to see someone had some experience with this pump. My buddy at work has the 14g Peninsula and the 1.5 fits in his tank just fine, yet I bought one and it was just too damn big to fit in the 3rd chamber. Going to place an order for the 1.0 after seeing this. Hope your tank is coming along well :D

On 5/23/2017 at 8:58 PM, smiz said:

Managed to move all the fish in and some of the coral, things are looking good! Snapped this grumpy pic of the watchman goby ( named meh)

Adam's Guppy.jpg

Love this shot!

On 5/23/2017 at 8:58 PM, smiz said:

Adam's Guppy.jpg

That shot is awesome. FTS with the nanobox?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 7:14 PM, schgr.cube said:

Love this shot!

On 7/1/2017 at 1:18 PM, ew_fish said:

That shot is awesome. FTS with the nanobox?

Thanks! We have been gone quite a bit this summer so tank is not doing so hot lol. Will update soon!

• 1 month later...

Any updates? I'm about to set my Nuvo 20 peninsula up and I'd love to see how yours is coming along. Any input on the filter media setup? Seems like the MiniMax reactor is a popular choice for these tanks.

So life has been a little hectic and not much of anything going on with the tank. However I am really thinking about how to add a sump to this build. I am having some regrets about not have a large fuge and miss my old tank that had them. Trying to think a way to not drill and make this happen.

Any ideas??