Pod Your Reef

Emerald crab spasming?

Pocketlama

+1

Yeah, definitely looks like he's molting.

Good, he definitely doesn't look happy so I'm glad that could be the explanation. I wonder how long it'll take.

Molting Maybe?

Hope so! I want him around, I've grown kind of attached. lol

I used to take care of LAND Hermit Crabs, they can take up to 6 weeks to molt. However, this is a Marine Crab, I wouldn't think it would take a day maybe 2.

I used to take care of LAND Hermit Crabs, they can take up to 6 weeks to molt. However, this is a Marine Crab, I wouldn't think it would take a day maybe 2.

6 weeks? Woof, that seems like a long time. Btw I like your icon.Thank you for serving.

It Was an Honor to Serve. Avatar is a Pic of me surrounded by Kids in Tikrit.

6 Weeks is for a Land Hermit Crab. Marine Crabs need to molt quickly and harden before they are eaten.

Of course it can take longer for Larger Marine Crabs ;) (Yum)

LHCs will dig into Substrate and take their sweet A$$ time :D

It Was an Honor to Serve. Avatar is a Pic of me surrounded by Kids in Tikrit.

6 Weeks is for a Land Hermit Crab. Marine Crabs need to molt quickly and harden before they are eaten.

Of course it can take longer for Larger Marine Crabs ;) (Yum)

LHCs will dig into Substrate and take their sweet A$$ time :D

Kids have always been great when I travel. Once they figure out you're different they want to come up to you and talk and touch you. At least groups of kids do. Very cool you got to experience that also.

I'm kind of mesmerized watching him. All he's doing is rocking back and forth but now that I think a molt is coming up I want to see it. :D

Yeah, the rocking back and forth is normal. It is trying to crack it's exoskeleton. It will then emerge out of it's Carapace, lastly will be the legs.

Archived