SaltCritters.com

Zoohed's 2.5 Mangrove Adventure!

zoohed

Ok so I ordered some mangroves to put in a chamber of my AIO 15g and they came as a bundle of 5. Well I didn't want 5 in my AIO so I had this 2.5g lying around so I decided it would become a mangrove pico.

AC 70 for flow and some media, thinking I will swap out impeller to try and stop it from moving the sand around.

Light is just a cheap LED off Amazon I had bought to cycle rock for my main. I will more than likely be changing to a PAR bulb at some point. Also put this in the window to allow the mangroves some natural sunlight.

Just using a 50w heater I had lying around.

I will be adding a piece of LR when my rock arrives on Friday and not sure what else will happen as far as stock.

Now for the whole reason you're all here pictures.

Added a couple pieces of rock that came with my gulfliverock.com shipment. I also swapped the AC70 for an AC50 to reduce the sand getting pushed around.

Added a couple pieces of rock that came with my gulfliverock.com shipment. I also swapped the AC70 for an AC50 to reduce the sand getting pushed around.

Ooh, sargassum! I had that as a hitchhiker once and watched it sprout from a tiny brownish nub. Kept it for quite a while till my zebra hermit ate it down to the nub, and then ate the nub. :furious:

Tank has nice lines, I like the curved front corners! Do you know who the manufacturer is?

Ooh, sargassum! I had that as a hitchhiker once and watched it sprout from a tiny brownish nub. Kept it for quite a while till my zebra hermit ate it down to the nub, and then ate the nub. :furious:

Tank has nice lines, I like the curved front corners! Do you know who the manufacturer is?

Hoping it bounces back. Did a water change and most of it was dying off and got vacuumed right out.

I don't have a clue. Bought it from a LFS that is no longer in business probably 6-8 years ago.

whats your plan for lighting the mangroves, are you going to raise this light up to give the leaves the light they need?

Switched the light today for a new API Tuna PAR 38 on a desk lamp. I'm hoping that mixed with the natural sunlight will be sufficient. If not I'm not opposed to adding a PAR bulb strictly for the mangroves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is cool - I've had the same idea for awhile now and just haven't followed through because I've got a couple other tanks already. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

Archived