inTank Media Baskets

Rose Coral Roommates

LbulletM

Stick to things that are fairly passive: zoas, acan lords etc. I'd stay away from anything that is known to have sweeper tentacles like Euphillia, chalices and acan echinatas. From my experience, the rose corals don't put up much of a fight if they are bothered by something.

Those are nice roses BTW

What kind of corals can I keep near my Rose Coral hitchhikers?

20170104_195220.jpg

Ohhhh. I have a nice rainbow Acan Lord frag on the sand bed. It's starting to produce some babies, too. I guess I can try moving it towards the rock slowly and see if there are any issues! That would be awesome!

Would zoas choke them out eventually?

Euphyllia is covered, they're on their own rock. :-)

What about something like a favia?

And thanks for the compliment! I love them. They actually came from two different Gulf Live Rock orders and ended up being the same color. Bummer, but still awesome!

Favia are also surprising aggressive. Honestly given how difficult/luck-of-the-draw it is to even GET a rose coral I'd stick to zoas/palys and low/dense growing (& easily pruned) decorative macroalgae insofar as next door neighbors are concerned.

Like maye blue hypnea or laurencia... possibly botryocladia if you wanted something to contrast. Both of yours are very nice, and that nemastoma/halymenia you have set between them should fill in nicely over time.

Archived