Top Shelf Aquatics

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS

pokerdobe

4 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

The color on this one is very pretty. 

It's definitely growing on me! I was hesitant to get it at first since it was similar in coloration to the Fox Flame, but I'm glad that I did. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Thanks - enjoy your new tank! It's a nice one. Stocking plans?

For now will just swap everything out of my 100 and go from there. Fish need some more room so the bigger footprint will be nice.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
mitten_reef
9 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Just trucking along. Upped my dosing of NOPOX to bring my PO4 down since I've been seeing some colors fade out. 

546241046_RRWonderland.thumb.jpg.bc17d142734936454e2ab8d52d36305d.jpg

Is that the tutti frutti? Somewhere along the way, My frag went almost completely green, not neon green, just dull green 😓. Just found a little hint of purple on the tips today. All other frags are holding colors well, especially the kat. 

On 7/17/2019 at 9:22 PM, mitten_reef said:

Is that the tutti frutti? Somewhere along the way, My frag went almost completely green, not neon green, just dull green 😓. Just found a little hint of purple on the tips today. All other frags are holding colors well, especially the kat. 

It is the tutti fruitti. But what I sent you was the "grimace," which I'm pretty sure TSA got a piece of and named "alpha." Under lower PAR, you see more greens, and as it receives more PAR, it should get an intense purple/magenta. The kat should be near bulletproof. It's gone through 3-4 alk swings, tank moves, and fluctuating nutrient levels. 

Comparison of the two - left is mine. 

60596405_420481338748940_3296374811130855424_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQn6SH3XEvO0xfRBT9zUCGdWsHiblR3uYQeyrqsuyiUoXWt9FC1PT9n4Qx8MgiZoolc&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=2abcb4a8ed99dd594e0aa64bab2db97f&oe=5DE788EB

On 7/17/2019 at 9:49 PM, spectra said:

Looks good.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Been super lazy, but will get a FTS up by this weekend. 

Also, going to be fragging this weekend as well. Up on the chopping block:

• Pink Lemonade
  • Twilight Dragon
  • Orange Passion
  • Katropora
  • Paletta Tri-Color
  • PC Rainbow
  • Bubblegum Digi
  • Green Slimer
  • Bowsers
  • Purple Monsters
  • Promethazines
  • Like 1
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, pokerdobe said:
  • Twilight Dragon

Picked this up a couple wknds ago as Cherry Coral's Needle in Haystack - very cool piece, but it's showing some STN right now.

Requesting one FTS before you hack everything, please 🙂  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Picked this up a couple wknds ago as Cherry Coral's Needle in Haystack - very cool piece, but it's showing some STN right now.

Requesting one FTS before you hack everything, please 🙂  

I'll try my best. No promises. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's a chemistry issue, or something I did, but the majority of my coralline? (spelling?) has disappeared. 

Looking at the most recent FTS and my earlier ones, I can't help but miss the completely purple rocks...

55 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

I'm not sure if it's a chemistry issue, or something I did, but the majority of my coralline? (spelling?) has disappeared. 

Looking at the most recent FTS and my earlier ones, I can't help but miss the completely purple rocks...

Any asternia starfish munching on the algae?

Tank is looking awesome btw

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Any asternia starfish munching on the algae?

Tank is looking awesome btw

I have a fair amount, but I've always had a fair amount - they never seemed to make a dent in the coraline coverage before, but maybe something to consider... 

• pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS