Coral Vue Hydros

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS

pokerdobe

2 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

That's what I thought at first. 

Then I realized how much of an asshole they are... The achilles absolutely hates any new additions. I tried adding in a powder blue hybrid (Admittedly a risky move) and I had to return it because it flat out hated it. 

I figured that was normal. Then I added a lineatus wrasse and he hated that thing too... And he gets into fights with my wife. 

My achilles is the same way........had a fish that would go in the sump for a few weeks then back into the display..........it could never figure it out and would bully it for a day and then all was fine........ now my Powder Blue was an ass and killed a butterfly I tried to put into the tank.........or should say scared it so much it sucked up next to the reefwave and then got stuck to it over night....... it was a gonner........... Yellow tang can be an ass also........only tang I have thats nice is my Yellow Eye Kole and its a model citizen.........

• Sad 1
49 minutes ago, spectra said:

My achilles is the same way........had a fish that would go in the sump for a few weeks then back into the display..........it could never figure it out and would bully it for a day and then all was fine........ now my Powder Blue was an ass and killed a butterfly I tried to put into the tank.........or should say scared it so much it sucked up next to the reefwave and then got stuck to it over night....... it was a gonner........... Yellow tang can be an ass also........only tang I have thats nice is my Yellow Eye Kole and its a model citizen.........

Yeah... it's definitely a love-hate with tangs. They're hyper aggressive feeders as well, so they're usually barging in and hogging food as well. 

I'm not sure how my future bandit or tinkeri additions will go in the future with the achilles around. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

That orange and yellow goni is amazing to be fair.

It's a crowd pleaser for sure. I've had a lot of requests for frags. Luckily, I'm growing out two - one on a rock for display, one on a tile for easy fragging. 

• Like 1

So I realized that my rockwork is unsuitable to sustaining acro colonies. I came back home after visiting my parents and saw that the rock with the katropora colony had once again, tipped over. I think I'll spend the next couple of weeks getting a game plan running for redoing my scape/rock work to create a more stable platform for my corals. 

Unrelated picture. This is a nice tenuis. 

PrincessPeach-Reduced.jpg

• Like 4
On 9/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, pokerdobe said:

@Cannedfish's future RRA OP he plans on 'liberating' out of my tank. 

65726478_RRAOPReduced.thumb.jpg.198d4516a25a391071dd8a016f6937de.jpg 

You say "liberation" I say larceny, or possibly even light burglary. Either way the act will be committed under the auspicious cover of darkness. To quote the indomitable Elphaba Thropp "I'll get you my pretty!"

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

You say "liberation" I say larceny, or possibly even light burglary. Either way the act will be committed under the auspicious cover of darkness. To quote the indomitable Elphaba Thropp "I'll get you my pretty!"

Look, as long as I don't notice it's gone, it's all fair game. 

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

that. is. EPIC!!   so much room for them all to grow out too!  

Haha it's like a lot of room, but no room at the same time. Assuming all those little frags are extrapolated to my colony sizes, I suddenly am overcrowded. 

• Like 2
  • pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS