ReefCleaners.org

Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS

pokerdobe

Updated 1-29-2020. 

So much has happened. Marriage, new jobs, etc. Reef wise, the tank made a sudden and unexpected upgrade to the Reefer 750XXL about half a year ago. Instead of making a new thread, I'll continue to post in this one. So in light of all that, here's an updated FTS and Mochi picture. 

FTS

941934573_Roomshot.jpg.1a933d0974ba2c144612173a58097847.jpg

Current FTS as of 12.2020

1430300597_FTS-Current-Reduced.thumb.jpg.38b59fda1366701d35befea3b64bf27c.jpg

Doggo

spacer.png

Spoiler

Hopefully going to keep this updated for my sake. I used to have an old thread on here about a fusion 20. It's been a while. Upgraded to a Reefer 250 when I purchased a new house.

The thread will be named after my little brat of a shibe, Mochi. The sushi reference is when he decided to eat my McCosker's flasher after it jumped out.

The tank.

H2XQAZJ.jpg?1

The responsible shibe.

TgmwEl9.jpg?1

• Like 9

They're definitely different from any other dog breed I've owned or interacted with. To say they're independently minded is putting it lightly... But they're so fun and full of character!

Tank looks great. I frickin' love shibes! Somischevious.

For the record:

Equipment:

Red Sea Reefer 250

ATI SunPower 8x39W

Bubble Magus Curve 5

Bubble Magus T01

Ecotech MP10

Ecotech MP40

Eheim Compact+ 3000

IM Minimax Reactor 2x

I used to run carbon/gfo through Minimax reactors but have since stopped. They simply circulate water now.

I posted in the main thread on fluconazole, but here's the latest update on my fluconazole dosing to combat bryopsis. I dosed 1200mg all at once. I'm 13 days into the treatment total, but all visible signs were eliminated by the 8th day.

GmnK2YQ.jpg?1

• Like 1

lol, this is gonna be my new fav tank. i love the reefer, the shibe (my friend has a shiba named Mochi too!), and the copperband butterfly!

Thanks! I already stalk your 350 reefer. :P

Mochi is such a common name. I wanted to name him Eevee... Here's a picture of the shibe when he was cute and cuddly and not a little drama queen.

2iUzUQU.jpg?1

I was really lucky with that copperband. It's actually my second one.. the first one ended up going to the great big ocean in the sky pretty fast...

• Like 2

good taste in zoas!

Thanks! Trying to a couple more in to fill it out. I was thinking LC petroglyphs and WWC purple monsters. I would like the bowsers or jubilees, but they look too much like sunny d's and tyree orange rainbows.

Did the second 5 gallon change today, making it a total of 10 gallons changed out so far. Going to do another 5 gallons tomorrow or Sunday, depending on how the pup feels (was neutered today). 

Can't seem to get a good photo of the katropora down... Hopefully I'll figure it out someday. 

ms8UWHg.jpg

Also started the framework of a new stand... I might tear down and move the front two 2x4 posts inward. 

gvmVqbM.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Astinus said:

:( Sorry to hear about ur mandy :(

Especially since u've had here quite a while.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I want to replace her or just let things be. My tank is definitely overstocked, but I'd feel bad for my male mandarin. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pokerdobe said:

Thanks. I'm not sure if I want to replace her or just let things be. My tank is definitely overstocked, but I'd feel bad for my male mandarin. 

Well, with that said, I would not add or replace the Mandy.

I totally understand ur want and desire to add a Female for ur Male, but there are things to consider.

1st is Feeding/eating.  Compatibility.  The Male may or may not get along.

I would give it time.

7 hours ago, Astinus said:

Well, with that said, I would not add or replace the Mandy.

I totally understand ur want and desire to add a Female for ur Male, but there are things to consider.

1st is Feeding/eating.  Compatibility.  The Male may or may not get along.

I would give it time.

In my experience, female mandarins are typically the ones to reject and beat up the males. ;)

But I probably won't get one for the time being... Some shakeup in my work life that has be uncertain as to my job security. So it looks like all spending is off until then. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

sorry to hear about the job thing....

but every time i stare at your FTS, i get very jealous of your copperband butterfly and wrasse

It's life. Stuff happens. 

You should try out another copperband! They're pretty fish. Which wrasse are you jealous of. If it's one of my leopards, please come and take one. 

• Like 1
  • pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL
  • pokerdobe changed the title to Mochi's Sushi Tank 750XXL - Updated FTS