inTank Media Baskets

My Fusion 10 aquascape

jmo040483

So I've been working on my aquascape for a new Fusion 10 build. I love that I was able to draw a lot of inspiration from the different builds on here. I definitely wanted an interesting element to the aquascape and I think I came up with something cool.

IMG_0145_zpsv6ngsew4.jpg

IMG_0146_zpshdzxiav1.jpg

IMG_0147_zpszmqgwlkr.jpg

IMG_0148_zpsvbe174ch.jpg

Any comment or critiques would be appreciated!

Did you cut the cardboard to the dimensions according to the website or measure the tank? I have the same tank and the inside is 11.25"x11.25" I just want to make sure you have enough room. The scape is really sweet

This is weird but if you've played Battlefield 1 it looks like the rock structure on the desert map :P

Two thing you should also consider with your scape is cleaning your sand bed and cleaning your glass.

Make sure you leave enough room around the glass to allow whichever tool your using to fully clean down to the sand bed.

Next I would make sure that you can remove the rockwork to perform general maintenance without having trouble putting it all back together properly. I've seen some people use little plastic dowels to help with this. (BRS stalls them) ;)

I didn't do either of those things my first time around and subsequently, I've ran into issues every now and then.

Otherwise that scape looks wonderful, looking forward to seeing your tank progress!

I know it's hard to see but there is a lot of 2 part epoxy and super glue in the structure. I've actually changed it up just a bit to give it a little more balance and a little more room in the front for coral growth. After reading what others had suggested and measuring again, although the structure would fit, it didn't leave a lot of room for growth. I will post more pics of the changes when I get back home

Here is the new scape I came up with. It's hard to capture some of the ledges and overhangs that I've created, but I think this one gives me plenty of room for growth and doesn't mess the zones I want to create with different corals.

IMG_0151_zpsfewhroh2.jpg

Straight on

IMG_0149_zpstacdehub.jpg

Front left corner

IMG_0153_zpssz3w1de1.jpg

Left side view

IMG_0154_zpsi95yjv8i.jpg

Left back corner

Archived