inTank Media Baskets

Anemone Experts! Help please, will these two Anemones Fight?

Michael_Price

Michael_Price

I have a Condy (Sebea Anemone) and a Rose Tip Sherman Anemone. I know Bubble tips can be on a rock together, Red, Gold, Green, Etc. And they almost school up and but together with no issues. But some.... Will sting each other. will my Rose and Sebea be ok together? Or should I get the Sebea out of my tank? (As I like my bubble tips better for my clown)

Both on the Center Rock.

IMG_2819_1.jpg

Hello,

Beautiful display you have created there! If it were me, I would re home the Seabe, or at the very least move it to another rock.

I am sure you are aware, but the Seabe can be a fish eater.... Bubble tips are very easy to keep together. At one point in time we had about a dozen roses that shared 1 main rock. If you do regular feedings of a meaty diet, they will usually remain still and not begin to wander the tank.

My 2 cents....Shane

RIP Sebastian

I have a Condy (Sebea Anemone) and a Rose Tip Sherman Anemone. I know Bubble tips can be on a rock together, Red, Gold, Green, Etc. And they almost school up and but together with no issues. But some.... Will sting each other. will my Rose and Sebea be ok together? Or should I get the Sebea out of my tank? (As I like my bubble tips better for my clown)

Both on the Center Rock.

IMG_2819_1.jpg

Let's put on the brakes. Sebaes have no place in nanos. As stated above, condy's and sebae's have been know to eat fish. They also get extremely large, require pristine parameters, are even more destructive than BTAs, and may sit on the sandbed. I highly, HIGHLY, suggest you rehome that anemone. I've also seen a pic of one eating a BTA... or it was a carpet eating one... either way, I'd remove it. Remember to research, research, research!

Nick

Michael_Price

Let's put on the brakes. Sebaes have no place in nanos. As stated above, condy's and sebae's have been know to eat fish. They also get extremely large, require pristine parameters, are even more destructive than BTAs, and may sit on the sandbed. I highly, HIGHLY, suggest you rehome that anemone. I've also seen a pic of one eating a BTA... or it was a carpet eating one... either way, I'd remove it. Remember to research, research, research!

Nick

Thanks! That's enough to sway my decision. And yes, I have read bad things about them. But I did not know it was a Condy when I got it. It was bleached out, had an awesome Green Glow, and was transparent. (Most likely from starvation and transportation to the store) And when I googled it before taking it home couldn't find anything on it (Should have been my first red flag) Turns out nothing popped up because I googled "Transparent white anemone" and things like "Glows green" and nothing popped up. Then I took it home thinking I scored an awesome find. Two weeks later I nursed it back to health, its true colors came out, its no longer transparent... has purple tips... and I don't think my bubble tip likes it.

Thanks! That's enough to sway my decision. And yes, I have read bad things about them. But I did not know it was a Condy when I got it. It was bleached out, had an awesome Green Glow, and was transparent. (Most likely from starvation and transportation to the store) And when I googled it before taking it home couldn't find anything on it (Should have been my first red flag) Turns out nothing popped up because I googled "Transparent white anemone" and things like "Glows green" and nothing popped up. Then I took it home thinking I scored an awesome find. Two weeks later I nursed it back to health, its true colors came out, its no longer transparent... has purple tips... and I don't think my bubble tip likes it.

Best to get it out of there sir, I think it's best for both.

Archived