Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Green Star Polyps

bcarrillos

Ive had my GSP for over a year, and it hasn't grown much. What can I do for the polyps to grow longer? I've seen some beautiful long gsp. Below is a picture of how mine currently look.

post-89727-0-10784900-1486081739_thumb.jpg

Michael_Price

Ive had my GSP for over a year, and it hasn't grown much. What can I do for the polyps to grow longer? I've seen some beautiful long gsp. Below is a picture of how mine currently look.

attachicon.gifScreen-Shot-2017-02-02-at-3.29.39-PM.jpg

That's not the normal GSP you are thinking of, I know what your talking about, I have some growing like crazy in my tank. (I keep it on my back glass only so I can control it) That is certainly a Green Star Coral of some sort, but not your regular fast growing GSP.

Can someone else perhaps Put an ID on this for him? It does not look familiar to me, and this looks nothing like mine.

I think you have Sympodium coral instead of GSP.

I was looking at some pictures of Sympodium coral, but it doesn't really look like mine.

I have a gsp wall that is healthy , I also have a couple unhappy sections that looks just like your photo. the unhappy sections are from my bubble tip stinging it and where my crab picks at it for algae. So my guess would be something is irritating it ,

you may want to entertain he possibility of an encrusting gorgonian. I think i have some, its super slow growing and I have GSP which is super fast growing.

My gsp really enjoyed higher light and higher flow and nothing near it that can sting it.

I once tried to move it closer to the light, and with higher flow. But it wouldn't open up. Until I brought it down again it opened back up.

Archived