Top Shelf Aquatics

Starting a 10 gallon what LED lighting should I go with?!

vash028

Starting a 10 gallon with a 10 gallon sump. Looking for lighting suggestions for my tank. I'm going to have a hood on the tank so the lights can be suspended was thinking 10" off the water. Would a 35w coral compulsion bulb work and cover the tank? I'm planning on making this a bubble tip anemone tank. So good lighting is needed and I'm trying to keep the costs down.

What kind of hood are you going to have on the tank

Coral compulsion has 35 watt full spectrum which covers 24x24, should be plenty of light for a 10g.

Ai Prime is another good option

Mars Aqua

Nanobox

Just gonna be a simple hood to keep down noise and allow me to run open top. if I did the bulb how high should it be mounted? I was also thinking of a Current USA Orbit and have it just above the water in a small hood.

I've seen both work, but the Coral Compulsion bulb should do the trick. I run 3 of the 14w refugium bulbs in my sump. I love them. The 3 year warranty is no joke either, had 1 replaced with no questions asked after 18 months of use. I would determine the height but by the coverage on the tank. Can always adjust as needed.

Archived