DaveFason

NanoBox Red Sea 170 : New Start

On 10/31/2018 at 11:01 AM, DaveFason said:

Thanks! Has a ways to go. 

Agreed. They are a bit pricey and feel if they could hit a $200-250 point it really sell well. 

100% better. I would compare it to the MP40. 

Haha! Those were with a fish eye. They are a pain, oh I know. 

-D

Totally agree on all points. I would also add that magnet could use some improvement and that single button controller is kinda useless. 

I'm curious as to what your calcium and alkalinity are at now, and how frequently you're doing water changes. I have a similar sized system (Mr. Aqua 22 with a sump) and what I'd put at probably the same amount of SPS, but that's just a gander. I started using ESV back in August and realized I was going through about 3-4dKH a week. 

I also had a 4 day power outage in DC last year, all my slimers died, but the Walt Disney for some reason made it, lol. 

Tank is looking really nice, I think your next big problem is things growing into each other!

nbrtank (1 of 4)nbrtank (2 of 4)nbrtank (3 of 4)nbrtank (4 of 4)nbrtanknov (1 of 11)

nbrtanknov (3 of 11)

nbrtanknov (4 of 11)

nbrtanknov (5 of 11)

nbrtanknov (6 of 11)

nbrtanknov (7 of 11)

nbrtanknov (8 of 11)

nbrtanknov (9 of 11)

nbrtanknov (10 of 11)

nbrtanknov (2 of 11)

nbrtanknov (11 of 11)

On 11/1/2018 at 11:19 AM, A Little Blue said:

Totally agree on all points. I would also add that magnet could use some improvement and that single button controller is kinda useless. 

Funny, I like the button control when my phone is somewhere else. 

On 11/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, YHSublime said:

I'm curious as to what your calcium and alkalinity are at now, and how frequently you're doing water changes. I have a similar sized system (Mr. Aqua 22 with a sump) and what I'd put at probably the same amount of SPS, but that's just a gander. I started using ESV back in August and realized I was going through about 3-4dKH a week. 

I also had a 4 day power outage in DC last year, all my slimers died, but the Walt Disney for some reason made it, lol. 

Tank is looking really nice, I think your next big problem is things growing into each other!

I will find out in the coming weeks. The new problem is corals killing each other. The mushrooms are lethal! 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Good to know, I have a few of those mushrooms in the back, never knew they packed a punch.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, YHSublime said:

Good to know, I have a few of those mushrooms in the back, never knew they packed a punch.

Just be careful. I had no growth for a year and then they split ~ 3-4 times. 

Word to the wise. Clean your pumps! This has been on my to-do list for months and finally took the time last night to break apart the skimmer, return pump and others. The difference is night and day. 

#keepitclean

-Dave

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions