Coral Vue Hydros

Daves/NanoBox Red Sea 170 : NEW Video 1/30/19

DaveFason

On 2/21/2017 at 7:16 AM, DaveFason said:

To small. It is tiny. I would say ~ 2-3 days MAX that it will last. 

I'm late to the party. But agree on two counts. I don't like the ATO in either of my reefers - lasts a day and a half max. And I love the NYOS skimmers. I have the quantum 160 on my reef tank and love it. 

Beautiful photos!!!

Thank you guys! 

Carry these over to this page. 

After getting back from vacation the tank did great. The tank is on auto drive and will get water change this week. Corals are growing, coloring and looking incredible. 

Joes rainbow chalice - The rim is mind dumbing

joesrainbowgrowth

Favia - This started to take off this month. 

favia

Pink Chalice :

pinkchalicemacro

M. Shower is growing at insane rates. 

mshowergrowth

Scans :

acanlove

Sunset : This looked like a turd two months ago. 

sunsetbacktolife

Our vacation was the best we have had to date. No cell phones, no WIFI, no AC and in a beach shack nearly three feet from the water. I fished every day and landed tons of species on the fly. As well I caught my first bonefish that will never forget. We will be back Eleuthera! 

Needlefish on the fly :

trumpetfishflytrumpetfishreleasedavidneedlefish

Small jack :

reeffishfly1

-Dave

Reef Wrasse : CRAZY to catch one

reeffish4

reeffishflybigeyeclouser

DA BONE! 

davefirstbone

A bone that got away :

34208568700_fe550f39f7_b.jpg

Barracuda :

34553355116_368cf217dd_b.jpg

Casting :

barclaycasting

Mangroves :

33751463624_483b0dc377_b.jpg

Urchins :

34464121311_5044a043f6_b.jpg

Baby groupers that hide in conch shells :

babygrouper

Food for the day : Conch 

conchhunt

One of the many conch salads we ate :

jamesconchsalad

View from the house :

frontview

House gecko :

34208577260_91a6831ce2_b.jpg

Me :

davidportbw

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...
Nixperience

Since you actually flyfish and I don't, maybe you can try something I've always wanted to see if it works. Tie a fly from shower drain hair and catch a fish with it lol. Ya I'm sick, I know. I only catch stripers with regular rods. 

IMG_4708.JPG

• Like 3

Corals look awesome! 

I'm jealous of the fishing photos!  Where did you go on that vacation.  I want to go there sooooon. 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2017 at 0:17 AM, urbaneks said:

Corals look awesome! 

I'm jealous of the fishing photos!  Where did you go on that vacation.  I want to go there sooooon. 

Current, Eleuthera. Bahamas. INCREDIBLE. Thanks for the compliments. More picture this week. 

On 5/28/2017 at 11:14 PM, Indiana Reefin said:

Awesome tank Dave! 

What are using for 2 part? Are you dosing anything else? 

No two part. I am sure I could but right now I am letting things just be!

On 5/28/2017 at 10:47 PM, Nixperience said:

Since you actually flyfish and I don't, maybe you can try something I've always wanted to see if it works. Tie a fly from shower drain hair and catch a fish with it lol. Ya I'm sick, I know. I only catch stripers with regular rods. 

IMG_4708.JPG

SICK! I have always enjoyed creating things so making my own flies and all goes hand and hand. 

I want to go out for stripers on the fly soon. That thing is an absolute beast! 

On 5/28/2017 at 9:11 PM, DCUEVAS74 said:

You da man!  Great shots!

Thanks Dan! More pictures of yours are needed. ;)

• Like 2
Indiana Reefin

Awesome. Yeah I have an 18 gallon and all I am doing is doing weekly 2 gallon water changes. I have debating about dosing 2 part 

• Like 1

Tank is chugging along. I was not happy with the video and will be reshooting. For the meantime here are some stills. 

Joes Knows Reef : Rainbow Chalice - This thing is growing quickly and looking better each day

Joe Knows Reef Rainbow

M Shower is growing 1/8" weekly now

M Shower

These Favia's were picked up from Darwin and LC. 

FaviaFaviaFavia

The famous acan

mint2

These acans just started to grow. It has been a single polyp for a year and just popped out five polyps. 

Scans

This top down mimics a painting

NanoBox Top Down

Dirty and real FTS :

NanoBox FTS

Enjoy! 

-Dave

• Like 6
  • 5 weeks later...

After a long nine days of traveling I was able to take a few quick pictures of the tank. Growth has been incredible. Colors are really starting to come through. I was able to film parts of the tank and will have a new video finished shortly. 

New zoa frag - Very excited for these to start to grow. 

newzoa

Walt Disney Acro - I received this from a customer that was starting to loose color. So far a week in and here it is. It has a long way to go! 

waltdisney

Mystery chalice - This started out dead and had a small amount of tissue. Now this! 

mysterychalice

Rainbow Chalice - Incredible 

joesrainbow

Favia Growth - 

faviagrowth

Standard micro that is looking great

acanstriped

Jack - O - Lantern :

jacko

Top Down : Got Colors? 

redseatopdown

Royal Gramma : Peek-a-boo

royalgrammapeek

Blenny :

blenny

I can not say better things about the NYOS Skimmer. It is making thick, gnarly goo. 

Skimmer

On a personal note I have been cooking, fishing and working away. 

Beets/Shrimp Salad :

Beet Salad

Kissing fire to lamb :

lambfirekiss

Max :

maxBW

Fishing :

bow2AboveMassive CrappyWater fallBowHand Newtcoonholler-14

More to come! 

-Dave

• Like 8

Great update, Dave! I can't wait to see how that WD acro colors up in your tank. But the most important thing is that it's still alive after a week in the tank. I swear those high end acros know they're expensive and just can't wait to die :lol:

4 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Great update, Dave! I can't wait to see how that WD acro colors up in your tank. But the most important thing is that it's still alive after a week in the tank. I swear those high end acros know they're expensive and just can't wait to die :lol:

Thanks and no kidding. I have one acro in the tank that is not happy. However if the WD and others look fine, it can stay sick! :P

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TJ_Burton said:

Love the pic of the Red Eft!!!!

The last fishing trip to the mountains we saw ~ 20-30. It must be spawning season. 

Newt

• Like 5

Beautiful tank! Max is adorable. When I saw your latest pics, I thought, "Hey, I've seen those salamander thingies!" long ago on a field trip for school. Love the NC mountains! Where do y'all go on your trips?

50 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Beautiful tank! Max is adorable. When I saw your latest pics, I thought, "Hey, I've seen those salamander thingies!" long ago on a field trip for school. Love the NC mountains! Where do y'all go on your trips?

NC is amazing. Besides the 90+ and 80% humidity right now. 

I go full nerd now. I actually read old and current wild stream maps for trout. So all over NC to southern VA Appalachian mountains/Blue Ridge Parkway. The closest one is only an hour away and the western part of the state is 4-5+. I have a few places that are off the radar that are only 1.5 hours away. Great way to unwind. 

20 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Great shots all around, tank is looking beautiful!

Thanks! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DaveFason said:

NC is amazing. Besides the 90+ and 80% humidity right now. 

I go full nerd now. I actually read old and current wild stream maps for trout. So all over NC to southern VA Appalachian mountains/Blue Ridge Parkway. The closest one is only an hour away and the western part of the state is 4-5+. I have a few places that are off the radar that are only 1.5 hours away. Great way to unwind. 

Thanks! 

Ha!  Yeah that's what they make a/c for lol.  That's pretty neat!  I'm about an hour from Charlotte near a national forest where people have claimed to see Bigfoot. :lol:

• Like 2

Highway 4 that I've told you about before just opened for the summer, going out there this weekend and usually always see a ton of fly fisherman. ~8700ft elevation, rivers and alpine lakes for days.  Need to come back out here and teach me haha

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Macro Monday? Macro photography is my favorite medium for corals. You see colors and shapes that are normally overlooked. Some of the chalice pictures make me imagine that I am on a different planet. All photos were taking on my A6300, extension tube and closeup kit. 

I was able to take PAR numbers but seemed to misplace them. I will re-do them today. 

The tank is chugging along and looking better each day. I am still battling a bit of bubble algae and the random dark bacteria. I will be dosing either vodka and MB7 to battle this or turn the skimmer to a "wetter" setting. 

Macros :

yelloweyemacrozoasmacroraptorsmacrorainbowmacromummyeyehurrmacropinkchalmacromshowermacroacancloseupmummyeyemacro

My favorite fish in the tank. 

royalgrama

New office views :

sidedeskview

Random Photos :

brandtdambrandtdam-635873647472_14e91b798b_b.jpgbrandtdam-3bassdamrodbigbassopendamredingtonreelbigbasscoonholler711-18coonholler711-23coonholler711-20

Enjoy! 

-Dave

• Like 4

Pics look great Dave! I'm so jealous, I have always wanted to learn how to fly fish, just haven't found the time. I think it's the "purest" form of fishing, for lack of a better word.  I know it's all about good technique, was it something you picked up pretty easily or was there a lot of practice involved? BTW, royal gramma's are one of my favorite reef fish. I've kept them in pretty much every tank I've ever had.