Cultivated Reef

Jan30 '17 Bluefish Update (new stuff!)

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard
Just deployed to Bluefish Minis and Razor controllers. Full Bluefish tomorrow:
-Storms at night: A new setting to disable lightning effects at night (default: storms off)
-Completely re-wrote the way lightning effects work to fix bug that would cause the manual storm scene to miss flashes or not flash at all
-Increased dimming resolution: 10X the dimming resolution for schedule dimming. This was visible as dimming "stepped" up or down especially when light levels were very low.
-Fans Switch: If you have a fan on channel 6, you can now remove cloud effects from this channel. Expect more robust fan control later, including channel variable, auto mode, etc.
-Max Storm Time: a new setting to limit the period of time that lightning flashes are active after a storm starts (default 20mins).
-Clouds/Lightning switches no longer needed for manual Storm scene
-Prep for moonrise/set: values are now in location details screen but not in effect yet
-Added increment buttons to ramp and length sliders, formatted all increment buttons for ease of use
-Linked forum banners to new backend
Any issues, please email me at support@aquarium-led-controller.com with your username or preferably the MAC address on the back of your Imp card.

Yay for increment buttons, now I won't go crazy trying to get the exact number I want!

A great big DITTO on the increment buttons. I was also wondering why the whole thing shut down about 5 min after I updated.

Tom@HaslettMI

Great update!

Forgive me but where do I set simulated Location? I've clicked every button on bluefish 2 and don't see it

On the first screen after you log in, it's the magnifying glass in the bottom left.

HTH,

Tom

Tom@HaslettMI

Magnifying Glass?

Hmmm. Sorry my initial screen upon logging in is the location screen. You're in the settings screen. First press the upside-down water droppy thing on the left side. Then may be you'll have the magnifying glass.

HTH,

Tom

So I hit the cancel button now it seems to work.

Seems my forum banner doesn't work anymore. I refreshed it again but still doesn't show Location? Anything I need to do with this new version to make it work?

SpencerShepard

So I hit the cancel button now it seems to work.

Seems my forum banner doesn't work anymore. I refreshed it again but still doesn't show Location? Anything I need to do with this new version to make it work?

That button was just begging to be pressed. :P

Just updated the banner script to the new back end...should start working in an hour or so.

SpencerShepard

Why is this so damned difficult. I pasted the 'banner link' Url to my signature, now it shows as a hyperlink instead of a pic

While editing your signature, press the icon in the editor that looks like a picture. Then paste the URL inside the popup.

Archived