Pod Your Reef

Fusion 10 aquascape?

Alexervin239

Should be getting my nuvo fusion 10 in the mail tomorrow. Anybody have suggestions on how to aquascape in a small cube? Most of the build threads I see seem to do the one rock in the center look and I want a little more creativity. Any ideas?

Break up big rocks into littler rocks and glue them together the way you want them. Here's what mine looked like before I took all the rocks out for cleaning.

29078439705_2d9a105471_b.jpg2016-08-18 IM10 FTS by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Here's a really old picture that shows what the rocks looked like when I first made the scape:

15801366460_bbdf03a1d6_b.jpg016 by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Okay cool I'll try that. Presumably a screwdriver and a mallet should be enough to break them up. What do you glue them with?

Okay cool I'll try that. Presumably a screwdriver and a mallet should be enough to break them up. What do you glue them with?

That's exactly how I broke mine up. Depending on how strong you want the joints, you can use superglue gel, or a superglue/epoxy/superglue sandwich, or you can use emarco mortar. I just used lots of superglue gel - if you glue it up out of the water it will be pretty strong.

I don't recommend doing the way I did, which was to glue every rock to every other rock. It was nice and strong, but it also meant I could never pull the rocks out to clean them and to clean the sand underneath. Mine are all jumbled up right now, but I plan to reglue them in interlocking modules so that I can take them back out in big chunks.

PS: check in over in the IM10 owners club thread if you haven't already, so we can check out your tank!

I posted a build thread in the AIO section, not sure if thats the right area. Do you have a link to the thread?

Thanks!

I'm fighting this issue also I have some not so friendly big rocks I guess I'm gonna have to breakup and figure out a scape.

On average what's the best size approx. Of Rock's to use?

Archived