Top Shelf Aquatics

Gold tip BTA .....real?

Canadianeh

Yeah names are just names helps people get more money for a item then it's worth. I watch people pay crazy prices for ultra rare this and that and it's wysiwyg and you do get that coral what they don't tell you is you don't get the camera filter they used to take the ultra colorful pic. Take some easy advice what's sold as rare or likewise will be normal and cheap soon enough. There are great corals out there that don't need a crazy price tag slow down and enjoy

Michael_Price

P.S. If that does turn out to be a True All Gold Anemone when its color comes in, you scored! Keep us posted.

Yeah names are just names helps people get more money for a item then it's worth. I watch people pay crazy prices for ultra rare this and that and it's wysiwyg and you do get that coral what they don't tell you is you don't get the camera filter they used to take the ultra colorful pic. Take some easy advice what's sold as rare or likewise will be normal and cheap soon enough. There are great corals out there that don't need a crazy price tag slow down and enjoy

:lol: To true. Gotta watch those filters!

• 2 weeks later...

BTA update. I have been feeding the nem twice a week with mysis, brine, silverside, or LRS Reef.

It looks much better I think. What do you think?

20170214_214600_zpstavrp8eq.jpg

20170214_214729_zpsdmvnbmle.jpg

20170214_214639_zpsyxs2xnyl.jpg

20170214_214720_zpsgawflobw.jpg

Great job nursing it back to health.  I think based from my experiences with BTA's you'll end up with a nice green variation BTA.  I've always loved the appearance of green in bta's but they seem to never do well for me.

As far as putting a BTA in a new tank I might get blasted for this but I completely disagree.  My current tank has only been running for about 2 months now and I have 3 BTA's in there (Rainbow, Red, and Black widow) and all are doing fantastic.  In my previous tank I had 4 nems I started putting in it at about 5 months?  And I had a higher end nem(Colorado sunburst) in it that just seemed to thrive.  Do I recommend it for everyone? No, but I think as long as you've given your setup some though and things are running smoothly 8/10 times you'll be fine.

Either way beautiful tank and great looking nems.  Tagging along to see it's potential once it fully colors back up.

Hope it is not turning green though. :)

My RBTA (on the same picture) is kinda brown instead of red. I think it has been like that since I bought it from fellow member. Is there such thing as brown BTA?

Archived