Innovative Marine Aquariums

Biocube 29 Large retro plus M and loving it!

OesteUno

Just thought I would post an update.

I had a few issues with my nanobox. With my luck, the bluefish app locked me out. Gave dave my login info and still could not fix it (new username fixed that). Then card was messing up and was replaced. Looking at other nanobox pictures I realized my royal blues were never working. Being new to reef and seeing the light blue, I assumed the light was fine.

Long story short, I was upset and posted a couple times about my situation. Since then, dave has replaced the light and has kept it professional.

Since I posted my hiccups, it's only right to post and update my satisfaction with the product and customer service.

Tyvm Dave, I appreciate the effort and I am enjoying this light!

69218AB5-CAB0-42F8-81D2-EBC6A646E350_zps

19C27783-D073-4CE2-AA49-EF40224ED1A0_zps

Glad you got it fixed. Dave is a great guy who does want to make his customers happy. It looks like you have a sump in your biocube? If so can you elaborate on the setup?

Glad you got it fixed. Dave is a great guy who does want to make his customers happy. It looks like you have a sump in your biocube? If so can you elaborate on the setup?

I do. Ill post pics. Ask any questions you have based on pics.

image_zpsfl0dykuk.jpg

C6343FAE-0BC3-4B05-8E47-3B945B136AE0_zps

7EBC5E81-F750-4849-80FB-2ED2EEDE5194_zps

D5550CA7-48D1-4B0D-B009-169BE04EF5EC_zps

3C66FD44-1BFC-41EE-9664-E4330B1918C0_zps

D13219D4-5649-437B-A1BD-415FB4F1A962_zps

oh wow! you drilled it! Since mine is up and running I cant do that right now but will save for future reference as it looks great

I assume you built the overflow, but the sump looks either ready made or custom?

oh wow! you drilled it! Since mine is up and running I cant do that right now but will save for future reference as it looks great

I assume you built the overflow, but the sump looks either ready made or custom?

Correct. I emailed Coralife and they said all Biocubes are glass, not tempered glass.

Yes I did make my overflow. Went to a local acrylic shop and purchased their scrap pieces for like 10.00 or so. Went to HomeDepot and purchased their Portland cement (15.00 bag) for .52 cents since I went in specifically looking for damaged bags I can carry out :)

Sump is custom from Advanced Acrylics. I believe 18LX17WX16H to fit near snug in biocube stand.

273E15C5-6CE6-4DE5-A282-920C36B12A82_zps

19F64D1F-43D8-47AA-A93E-7E875AB1A75D_zps

Is that the quantum 120 and how do you like it?

Yes it is. I cant comment because I cant dial it in. It just keeps overflowing. I am guessing not enough junk in the water as its a new tank. I've got a lot of feedback from a different forum that's its an awesome skimmer.

Yes it is. I cant comment because I cant dial it in. It just keeps overflowing. I am guessing not enough junk in the water as its a new tank. I've got a lot of feedback from a different forum that's its an awesome skimmer.

Keep the airflow low at first. It took ~ 1 month for mine to really kick in.

Keep the airflow low at first. It took ~ 1 month for mine to really kick in.

You have a nyos 120?

I'll try that. I was told to open the air flow to full (which its been since mid Dec 2016). I have to place a plastic bag over the skimmer from all the overflow. It seems like open or closed, it overflows like mad @7.5" water height.

Archived