basser1

How You Gonna Keep 'Em....

basser1

Down on the farm??

If you have had clams or are thinking about getting one, please look at this incredible video of a clam farm in Palau. Absolutely stunning!!!

https://youtu.be/NelrsGWsD_A

• Like 1

Muraki

Thanks for posting!

neuwave

Incredible, clams

Lypto

I saw that one,I really love the clam gardens. Its so crazy to think they are eaten there as a delicacy. I read a couple of interesting articles about Palau having naturally acidic waters, and therefore much more resistant corals as well as harboring species thought to be gone elsewhere.It seems like a reefers paradise. I wonder if it's possible to get clams to spawn in the home aquarium in a devoted system.

hinnenkm

Really cool - thanks for sharing!

tetraodon

I saw that one,I really love the clam gardens. Its so crazy to think they are eaten there as a delicacy. I read a couple of interesting articles about Palau having naturally acidic waters, and therefore much more resistant corals as well as harboring species thought to be gone elsewhere.It seems like a reefers paradise. I wonder if it's possible to get clams to spawn in the home aquarium in a devoted system.

there have been reports of some museum clams spawning, as well as sparse ones in home aquariums. supposedly there is a hobbyist in Australia that raises them himself, but its unconfirmed

Lypto

interesting. where did you hear about the australian reefer?

*edit* it seems that they need a zooanthelle kickoff to start their lives...

tetraodon

interesting. where did you hear about the australian reefer?

*edit* it seems that they need a zooanthelle kickoff to start their lives...

I remember it being on an old thread on another forum I ran into while doing reading about clams.i wish zephnyc was still around he would be a big help

basser1

Some folks have claimed their clams have "spawned" in a tank. But it's usually stress related that sets it off.

jedimasterben

there have been reports of some museum clams spawning, as well as sparse ones in home aquariums. supposedly there is a hobbyist in Australia that raises them himself, but its unconfirmed

Unconfirmed? Al has been raising clams for several years now. Goes by 'Acro Al'.
  • Like 1

tetraodon

Unconfirmed? Al has been raising clams for several years now. Goes by 'Acro Al'.

now there is confirmation, at the time the only reference i had was a random forum about a no name hobbyist. so i dismissed as a rumor or here-say