Pod Your Reef

Is this normal behavior of anemone eating?

Canadianeh

Anemone's are weird marvelous animals. They look all sorts of stuff depending on circumstances. What's odd in the photos? The anemones can inflate and deflate their tips. we don't know why they do it. Mine would lose bubbles when it wanted to eat and puff up a few hours after eating, other people report the opposite.

Also, mine would shrink to the size of a half dollar when lights go out. During the day it would inflate to 10 inches across. They do a bunch of weird stuff. So, you should be a little more specific because we're not familiar with your nem :P

Anemone's are weird marvelous animals. They look all sorts of stuff depending on circumstances. What's odd in the photos? The anemones can inflate and deflate their tips. we don't know why they do it. Mine would lose bubbles when it wanted to eat and puff up a few hours after eating, other people report the opposite.

Also, mine would shrink to the size of a half dollar when lights go out. During the day it would inflate to 10 inches across. They do a bunch of weird stuff. So, you should be a little more specific because we're not familiar with your nem :P

See how the bottom portion of the tentacles shrink so much and the rest are not after I fed him?

They do that. could be flow, could be light, could be anything. nothing wrong with it. :) Anemones in trouble look very different from when they are healthy. They are pale and the mouth opens. This website: http://www.karensroseanemones.net

Is a fantastic resource. Bookmark it.

It looks like that actually after I feeding it. After that, it back to normal.

RIP Sebastian

My lemon BTA look like this tonight. It was all bubble up the whole day today. I just spot fed silverside and it ate it. Any idea why?

IMG_20170130_183239_zpsxbfrfzfd.jpg

As stated above, nems are weird. They're most likely fine.

Archived