Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Fusion 20 Peninsula build

Ramfublio

I think these tanks are beautiful!

The proportions are great 26 x13 for a ratio of 2:1 and its two sided to boot!

In music terms that would be an octave. Really I love resting in watching my tanks. Proportion can really make or break how relaxing it is to look at a tank.

Since I have only begun the cycling theres nothing but aquascape. With the beauty of this tank my friends have coined a term : water staring. They get entranced looking at this tank. Really its draws you in so well with its proportions. and since its two sided I have my desk chair on one side. For work and play. and my couch on the other for resting and water staring at this point. I seriously can't wait to have this bad Oscar cycle! its going to be a gem

As for components.

IM Tank

Keeping the 200 micon filter socks. I ordered a second one to wash every few days.

Mini Max media reactor and BRS carbon

Carib Sea aragonite sand bed

Eheim 75 watt heater

Tunze nano ATO

Current LED light - suspended

Maxspect Gyre 230

Syncra silent 1.0 Pump (251 GPH)

And well that all she wrote because she is now full.

nothing more can be added.

This AIO chamber is small and by small I mean really firkin small!

My Fusion 16 was taj majhal compared to this. I am actually a little surprised, but shouldn't be.

I am an idiot and managed to not rince my sand before putting it in. I got it to uncloud a day ago but then re adjusted the bed and kicked up a serious bit of stuff but here are a few initial pictures. More will be sure to follow!!!

-Ram

post-87244-0-02207300-1485318525_thumb.jpg

post-87244-0-28769700-1485318530_thumb.jpg

post-87244-0-78938900-1485318536_thumb.jpg

post-87244-0-18833100-1485318544_thumb.jpg

post-87244-0-54401700-1485318553_thumb.jpg

post-87244-0-93341400-1485318560_thumb.jpg

post-87244-0-40087000-1485318567_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great to see one of these in the wild!

The hardest thing for this tank is mounting a light to the tank without ruining the peninsula look.

Keep up the great work!

Nice setup! Is there enough room for a ghost skimmer in the back? I was interested in one of these but the back chamber seems awfully small for any kind of equipment. Can it fit a heater + skimmer? I see the Tunze ATO fits.

• 4 weeks later...

So it's going! Cycled and have more frags going than I should. Just upgraded the light to a VERVvE. 

The back lack can fit the mini skimmer. I put the little media max reactor running Gfo mixed with carbon (brs rox)

im in love with this tank. 

I moved the Gyre to right under the outflow of the return pump. It works the best there. Side flow messes up my sand at the end but makes for amazing flow. I'll figure that out eventually. 

Its coming along. I'll post a review and setup of the VERVvE. It's crazy bright. And really cool

-ram 

IMG_1229.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
WhiteWulfe

Any updates?  I'm curious what your thoughts on the Peninsula 20 are, as well as how things go with the Gyre as well ^_^

On 5/17/2017 at 7:54 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Any updates?  I'm curious what your thoughts on the Peninsula 20 are, as well as how things go with the Gyre as well ^_^

I so far am liking mine. I am running two mp10's on one side and upgraded from stock pump (was extremely loud).

I dont love the pump chamber size but I knew it was going to be an issue when I started. Evap is pretty high due to large surface area.

• 3 weeks later...