Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Shipping macros

GunslingerGirl

GunslingerGirl

How does everyone go about shipping their macros? I have somebody who I promised some of my fern caulerpa to...but not sure how to get it to them.

With the weather being warmer looking for the next bit I plan to get it shipped either this week or next. Also I may have some more I would be willing to offer on here to anybody who may want it.

If the weather is warm enough would usps priority envelope with a double bagged and padded bit (potentially with a long lasting heatpack) be good? Obviously I would wrap the macros in wet paper towels and add some extra water to the bag. Caulerpa is so hardy I feel like a good sample would make it through even a few days transit ok.

First time doing this with macros. I have shipped zoas before.

Feedback appreciated! Thanks guys!

I get mine from http://www.live-plants.com/

They package them in water in very well filled and sealed bags just like you would receive a fish. I ship FW plants in wet paper towels, but I'm using this company as an example because their macros have been top notch IMO, and they obviously ship them this way for a reason. Definitely heat packs for this time of year.

• 3 weeks later...

Watch where you are shipping that, it is banned in some states, as are most caulerpa species.

They tend to be extremely invasive and wreak havoc on local environments if they find their way to brackis or salt waterways. It is easier than most people give it credit for.

GunslingerGirl

Watch where you are shipping that, it is banned in some states, as are most caulerpa species.

They tend to be extremely invasive and wreak havoc on local environments if they find their way to brackis or salt waterways. It is easier than most people give it credit for.

Don't worry not going to California. They have enough issues with their waterways. :(

It's more than just California and coastal states.

Like someone else said it just takes a small piece, a single node or just some of their hold fasts (they don't have true roots), to start growing.

Okinawa_Reefer

When I shipped some chaeto, I put it in a double wrapped sandwich baggies with a little bit of water. I then surrounded the bag with some stryofoam trays that steaks are put it at the super market. Taped it together and shipped off via the smallest usps flat rate box and it was delivered within 4 days.

Archived