dirtrider225

Blue maxima producing slime?

dirtrider225

I have a large ~4+" Maxima clam in my tank, had it for about 3 months now or so. Mantle extends and looks great and the clam will shut up if you shadow it like it should however i noticed that it sometimes produces slime.. is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

WV Reefer

I have a large ~4+" Maxima clam in my tank, had it for about 3 months now or so. Mantle extends and looks great and the clam will shut up if you shadow it like it should however i noticed that it sometimes produces slime.. is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

I have a crocea Clam that will slime if something is irritating it.

tetraodon

Mine always slimed after churning the sand, make sure there isn't something irritating it

dirtrider225

Mine always slimed after churning the sand, make sure there isn't something irritating it

I have a BB tank, im not sure what could be bothering it.. and its not like i can move it around to inspect under/around the mantle since as soon as your hand is in the water she closes up lol

WV Reefer

I have a BB tank, im not sure what could be bothering it.. and its not like i can move it around to inspect under/around the mantle since as soon as your hand is in the water she closes up lol

IME sometimes it's pods crawling along the shell, sometimes it's a bristleworm crawling around the foot, change of flow, asshole hermits digging around...... anything really.

dirtrider225

IME sometimes it's pods crawling along the shell, sometimes it's a bristleworm crawling around the foot, change of flow, asshole hermits digging around...... anything really.

Should i be concerned? If it is still extending and colored nicely?

WV Reefer

Should i be concerned? If it is still extending and colored nicely?

I'm only an expert on my own Clam. lol.

But I would think if it otherwise looks ok and your water parameters are good, then I would just keep an eye on it.