Top Shelf Aquatics

Blue maxima producing slime?

davy jones

I have a large ~4+" Maxima clam in my tank, had it for about 3 months now or so. Mantle extends and looks great and the clam will shut up if you shadow it like it should however i noticed that it sometimes produces slime.. is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

I have a large ~4+" Maxima clam in my tank, had it for about 3 months now or so. Mantle extends and looks great and the clam will shut up if you shadow it like it should however i noticed that it sometimes produces slime.. is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

I have a crocea Clam that will slime if something is irritating it.

Mine always slimed after churning the sand, make sure there isn't something irritating it

I have a BB tank, im not sure what could be bothering it.. and its not like i can move it around to inspect under/around the mantle since as soon as your hand is in the water she closes up lol

I have a BB tank, im not sure what could be bothering it.. and its not like i can move it around to inspect under/around the mantle since as soon as your hand is in the water she closes up lol

IME sometimes it's pods crawling along the shell, sometimes it's a bristleworm crawling around the foot, change of flow, asshole hermits digging around...... anything really.

IME sometimes it's pods crawling along the shell, sometimes it's a bristleworm crawling around the foot, change of flow, asshole hermits digging around...... anything really.

Should i be concerned? If it is still extending and colored nicely?

Should i be concerned? If it is still extending and colored nicely?

I'm only an expert on my own Clam. lol.

But I would think if it otherwise looks ok and your water parameters are good, then I would just keep an eye on it.

Archived