Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Get Maxi Mini off sand bed

zsxking

I have two maxi mini for several months now. But both of them seem to prefer to stay in the sand bed. One is attached to the bottom of the tank and the other is attached to the underneath of a rock. From everything I read, they suppose to live on rock. But from day one they move themselves on the sand even I put them on the rock at first.

Does anyone have similar experience? Any idea how to move them onto rocks?

They don't seem to mind staying in the sand. But they're almost always half covered by sand and I can't see their full colors.

It's best to leave them where they like. Just blow the sand off them so you can see the colors.

You're probably out of luck with the one on the rock. You can clear the sand around the other one and try to carefully pry it off with a credit card. But it's easy to tear the foot and kill it.

Another way is to coax it by casting a shadow on where they are. They'll move to somewhere with better lighting.

I did a complete breakdown and rest ( cleaning the heck out of the sandbed) with one of my mini/maxi's attached to the bottom of the tank. I just worked around it and covered with a bowl when I rest the tank so as not to cover or crush it. My other one is on the a rock. I let them be where they want ( as they will move there anyway

Archived