SaltCritters.com

What do you guys think?

Ezrunner23

3 hours ago, flatlandreefer said:

Looks good, I like your rock work! I think a goby pistol pair could be cool in your tank, I would go with a yasha.

Thanks, I had a little trouble figuring but came out great and you can't see but in the back there is a cave the fish can hide in where I can bearly see him. I only figured it out because I came home from work and I couldn't see him then I put food in and I seen him come out. 

Hey guys so I got a goby and a pistol shrimp and I also saved another 10 gallon fish tank and put them in that one since it has been cycled!  Bought them separate any advice on how to get them to pair up at the moment they're in separate sides of the tank. Sorry for the bad quality pictures. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So I woke up today and I couldn't find the pistol shrimp anywhere. So I when to go eat with my family and when I got back they where in the same burrow I'm so happy. The guys at my lfs  said they wouldn't pair. Most likely because he was trying to sell me a paired goby and pistol shrimp for $65. I got them unpaired for $32 for both of them. Hopefully they pair up. 

Thunder Goose

From my understanding most watchment gobies and pistol shrimps (snapping shrimp) will pair up easy. Now you know not to trust the advice from your LFS. Mine does the same thing - tells me what they think will sell me the coral/fish, not what I need to know.

2 hours ago, Thunder Goose said:

From my understanding most watchment gobies and pistol shrimps (snapping shrimp) will pair up easy. Now you know not to trust the advice from your LFS. Mine does the same thing - tells me what they think will sell me the coral/fish, not what I need to know.

Yeah I know but that's the nearest saltwater fish store from me if I were to go to my second closest I would easily drive 40 minutes that's with out traffic. 

Thunder Goose

My closest saltwater fish store (not big box) is about 40 minutes with no traffic and only open weekends. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

On 2/28/2017 at 8:49 AM, Thunder Goose said:

My closest saltwater fish store (not big box) is about 40 minutes with no traffic and only open weekends. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

well i don't know if its bad and I've herd of stories of other reefers in my area where they go and on they way back they hit bad traffic and the fish doesn't make it.

3 hours ago, Slayer33 said:

+1 on the pistol shrimp / goby.. I love my YWM goby and Tiger shrimp

Looks real good so far tho!

thanks they're both in the same burrow but don't seem to be paired up yet but its a start.

Update on the yellow watchman and pistol shrimp seems like they have paired up nicely but I noticed that the pistol only has one claw. Shouldn't it have two?

image.jpg

IMG_2192.JPG

Archived