SaltCritters.com

so my stock nanocube pump kicked the bucket...

fishywoman

While out to dinner Thursday night we had a brown-out. Got home checked the tank, seemed ok, so I didn't think anything of it. So... next day I get home from work and catch my husband watching the tank. He asks me if the pump is still working. I say I think so, (my stock pump was noisy for a day and quiet as anything since). He points out that the stuff on top isn't swirling "like normal". Just to check I unplug it and plug it back in. It starts spurting sediment everywhere. The darn thing had not been working for about almost 24 hours!

So to get to the present I do my water change this morning and the pump is now barely pumping a trickle through the nozzle. Luckily I had a back up mini 606 that I bought with the tank and put it in. ~phew~

The whole thing got me wondering how long a tank can go without circulation without harm to the inhabitants. Also to all nanocube owners with the original pump, take heed!!

On a positive note, I think I'm getting my husband interested in the whole reef thing. :happy:

EtOH_is_good

if you give the powerhead a good washing it'll prolly work again. mini jets will give you better results in long run (more flow, less heat)

I cut off half the cord to get it out of the back. If I need to I'll just buy another mini jet. Of course if anyone wants the stock one let me know.

Archived