Pod Your Reef

TJ's 265 Beast - Finally Fish!!!

TJ_Burton

Time to start mixing up some salt water for that massive tank!!! HAHAHAHA B)

Hahahaha... funny enough I am actually mixing up saltwater! Just not for the beast. ;)

• Like 1

Oh man...

You know that feeling you get when you order something massively important to your build, and it ships in two separate boxes, and one shows up, but you still can't do anything until the other shows up...

Yeah that is me right now.

This build is SO close to finished, and I am stuck waiting for box # 2 and its KILLING ME...

• Like 3

Videos are great!........but you've gone fresh water this thread is dead to me :lol:

A true aquarist can appreciate both fresh and saltwater ;)

Hahaha,

I have a reef I have recently slapped together, but I doubt I will make a thread for that one any time soon. Maybe in a little while... I am not supposed to talk about it. :ninja:

Next episode (#8) is a 2 parter!

Shot the first half Friday, and the second half we are wrapping up tomorrow.

• Like 1

Looking forward to your build and appreciate the great acting :D and informative non fiction videos!

Thanks a ton! My pleasure :)

Fun way to engage with other hobbyists; I highly recommend it to anyone with a tank and the willingness to record themselves.

• Like 2

Dont know how I missed this thread but im extremely proud of what you've done so far. This build is insane TJ... I actually ran across these vids while I was looking poking around on youtube and had no idea it was you! :lol: But seriously keep it going man this one is going to be special. :happy:

• Like 1

Disappointed...I was hoping for a bubbling treasure chest, pirate ship or sponge bob gear. :lol:

Oh man... they day my daughter (or her sibling that is on the way!) can ask for a themed tank, that is the day I will consider doing one. Until then, I shall not tarnish my home with such things! hahaha.

Dont know how I missed this thread but im extremely proud of what you've done so far. This build is insane TJ... I actually ran across these vids while I was looking poking around on youtube and had no idea it was you! :lol: But seriously keep it going man this one is going to be special. :happy:

Thanks so much, Hype! That really means a lot. :)

Glad you're digging the videos too; kind of fell into them (was nominated at the office to be the host).

I am really enjoying your drop off build! I think you smashed it with the scape!

This thing is not wet yet :lol:

I am with Sancho its a kids tank where is SpongeBob at ;)

Man, it would be if I wasn't filming each step... once a week... and NO! hahahaha

Purple Tshirt with a pink blob? :wub: You are awesome.

I have been told my t-shirt game is strong :P

• Like 1

Just found your build thread! I love love love that sump and all the plumbing. :)

I wanted to put in a cable tray in the cabinet when I did my 30g but couldn't find one at the hardware store. And I couldn't remember the web site where they sell them. Thanks for posting the link to Startech, that's the site I couldn't remember :lol:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Just found your build thread! I love love love that sump and all the plumbing. :)

I wanted to put in a cable tray in the cabinet when I did my 30g but couldn't find one at the hardware store. And I couldn't remember the web site where they sell them. Thanks for posting the link to Startech, that's the site I couldn't remember :lol:

My pleasure! 

I had to order a whole case of 6 foot lengths because nobody sells them individually in Canada apparently...

So I've got enough for the rest of my life now... hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Overdue for an update!

Mostly on cruise control... added fish recently which I will have to take some photos of. 

Not a recent addition, but probably my favorite fish in the tank.

IMG_20170801_154157_267.thumb.jpg.4116fdfe6d8e89b13c4829cb818cbe29.jpg

• Like 3