inTank Media Baskets

TJ's 265 Beast - Finally Fish!!!

TJ_Burton

Just finished shooting the circulation episode yesterday... Didn't go quite as planned, but that is typical of any build. Hitting snags to get past is half the 'fun' wouldn't you say?

Any guesses as to what pumps I used for the return and internal circulation?

DC controllable pumps as returns are getting quite popular, aren't they?

I think so. I have the Vectra M1 and love it. My skimmer even has a DC pump on it.

• Like 1

I think so. I have the Vectra M1 and love it. My skimmer even has a DC pump on it.

I have always been a huge fan of Ecotech products; I was quite excited to see them get into the DC return pump game.

• Like 1

I have always been a huge fan of Ecotech products; I was quite excited to see them get into the DC return pump game.

Me to my first one was the 20 they had years ago. Running a 40 and a couple of 10s now.

• Like 1

Me to my first one was the 20 they had years ago. Running a 40 and a couple of 10s now.

I've owned 3 MP10s and 2 MP40s over the years. Great pumps!

• Like 1

Circulation episode is up!

Picked up some eFlux Wave & DC Flow pumps.

Also working diligently to clean up the stand, so I will post pics once that is all don too :)

• Like 1

Finally doing a wet test today. Fingers crossed I still know how to plumb a tank properly ;)

Also managed to organize all the wires and cables so you really can see anything! Open slot wire duct is probably my newest favorite aquarium add-on that isn't actually meant for aquariums.

• Like 2

I think I need to have you come plumb my new tank. That looks amazing.

Thanks, Veng! Pretty simple, but keeps things looking slick :)

The open slot wire duct I used to keep all the wires up and out of the way really makes a massive difference.

Thanks, Veng! Pretty simple, but keeps things looking slick :)

The open slot wire duct I used to keep all the wires up and out of the way really makes a massive difference.

Link? I've got a stand to plumb next weekend or so.

Circulation episode is up!

Picked up some eFlux Wave & DC Flow pumps.

Also working diligently to clean up the stand, so I will post pics once that is all don too :)

Talk about PPP :lol: sounds like my adventures when plumbing a tank.......

Looks good though!

• Like 1

Nice setup. That thing is begging for some geophagus and discus. The new FX6 is a beast. I've been out of freshwater for about 4years now but I had a FX5 on my 125g and it was an awesome canister. Cleaned up my tank nicely.

• Like 2

Nice setup. That thing is begging for some geophagus and discus. The new FX6 is a beast. I've been out of freshwater for about 4years now but I had a FX5 on my 125g and it was an awesome canister. Cleaned up my tank nicely.

I actually have some fish picked out (not all of them, but some) and they may or may not be in quarantine at the moment. They may also have been in quarantine for a month already as I get them all fed up and ready for their mansion haha.

Discus aren't exactly low-maintenance though, and I am really gunning for as much of a hands-off experience with this build as possible (cause otherwise it would be a reef). ;)

I've been a fan of the FX filters since the FX5 was first released. Great canister for the price!

You got snorkeling gear for that beast?

Ha, yes I do. I have a 3/4 wet-suit, fins, mask, snorkel, and its been a while since I've had the opportunity to use them!

• Like 3

kids like glass suckers, so your gonna need a plescostomus.

Better yet, just make it a Koi tank and then build a pond outside when you ready to convert it to a reef tank

I actually have some fish picked out (not all of them, but some) and they may or may not be in quarantine at the moment. They may also have been in quarantine for a month already as I get them all fed up and ready for their mansion haha.

Discus aren't exactly low-maintenance though, and I am really gunning for as much of a hands-off experience with this build as possible (cause otherwise it would be a reef). ;)

OK Spill the beans!

I'm a huge fan of SA cichlids and odd balls. I had a pair of breeding severums, H. psittacus, a few different geo species, IT Datnoid and a variety of bichirs back in the day.

kids like glass suckers, so your gonna need a plescostomus.

Better yet, just make it a Koi tank and then build a pond outside when you ready to convert it to a reef tank

What is a freshwater tank without a pleco? Am I right?

OK Spill the beans!

I'm a huge fan of SA cichlids and odd balls. I had a pair of breeding severums, H. psittacus, a few different geo species, IT Datnoid and a variety of bichirs back in the day.

Haha, my producer would be so pissed with me if I just started leaking information!

I do like SA and CA cichlids too. Also a huge fan of oddballs. Used to keep many species of polypterus, various catfish, arowana, snakeheads, pikes... was lots of fun!

• Like 1