ReefCleaners.org

Frogfish's Nano Cube - Long Overdue FTS

YaBoyLaj

Well, it finally happened, i got a new tank :D

Its a JBJ Nano Cube DX Used that i got for $100 but with everything invested came to roughly 300, not too bad compared to my 30 lol

I'm planning on doing a strictly LPS and Gorg tank, no skimmer, but lots of media, may invest in a skimmer in the near future, but dosing and W/C's will be used at first just to try it out.

I got some sweet rock pieces and the scape was inspired by Teeny's IM 40, I absolutely love that layout.

The main reason i got a small tank is so when i'm off to college in 1.5 yrs, i'll be able to take this guy with me.

Equipment:

Rio 400 

Kent Bio Sponge

Regular Black filter sponge

Seachem Sea Gel

Jaeger Heater

JBJ Surface Skimmer

IM Spin Stream

And the classic floating thermometer :)

Inverts:
6 Redleg Hermit Crabs

4 Astrea Snails

2 Nassarius Snails

Blue Coral Banded Shrimp

Randall's Pistol Shrimp

Sexy Shrimp

Rock Flower Anemone

Fish:

Tangaroa Goby

Bimaculatus Blenny

Yellow Rose Antenna Goby

Corals:

2x Hammers

Trumpets

Acans

Photosynthetic Gorgonian

Encrusting Gorgonian

Zoanthids

Toadstool Leather

Green Sinularia

Pulse Xenia

Blasto

Sun Corals

Duncan

Photosynthetic Sponge

Mint Green Pipe Organ

IMG_2491.jpg

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, its been quite a while since i updated, tank is running awesome! I've just been pretty busy. I picked up my C.U.C 2 weeks ago and they did a great job, also grabbed my first fish today as well, a small geometric pygmy perchlet, i've kept 2 in the past and this one has been at the store for 3 months and i love him so much, he's got lots of pink on him with a little bit of red, but LOTS of pink haha. The parameters are spot on and i added seachem sea gel 2 days ago and the water has cleared noticeably. Pics tomorrow, the perchlet darts at the first sight of camera or phone, but seems to not mind me lol :)

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so, figured i'd update, i moved the lps and gorg out of my old tank and are thriving in the new 12. I took home a small green tipped hammer an he is doing great aswell, sadly right after my last update my perchlet died, he was too stressed and i jumped the gun on getting him. My new fish is a small neon dottyback who has been happily swimming through his network of rocks for about 20 days now. He eats like a pig and follws me around the tank when i'm walking by or just stares at me while i'm doing homework :P Hopefully i will add some coral(s) today and will get pics up asap!

Heres what i have for now, just some random pics, plus the new fishy (his name is crest cuz he reminds me of toothpaste lol) Tangaroa Goby

Free macro from work, no idea what it is... but its pretty and growing well

DSCN1232_zps9fqgaxco.jpg

Crest Acclimation, that sounds weird haha

DSCN1234_zpsnd2c6omg.jpg

Coraline coming in on the glass... and drip line photobomb FTS SOON!

DSCN1235_zps30rdrnlk.jpg

So the tank is doing great, Acans have puffed up again after a little fit they threw, my water was too clean lol crest got into the back chambers so I spent a good 30 minutes getting him out... there are a ton of tube worms back there, small chambers and I have sausage fingers so I got a few cuts, but it was worth it :P hopefully I'll add some new corals this week, but I'm really saving for MAX I'm going with the intent for Acans so I guess we'll see how that rolls out 

• 4 weeks later...

ok so ummm.... yeah this is a diary :D but idc, but anyway tank is thriving and i'm thrilled, the bimaculatus, tangaroa and blue banded stenopus are feeding and doing great! Still no skimmer but weekly 25% w/c's and dosing reef fusion parts one and two are really working wonders. The macro has easily tripled in size, and every other coral is doing really well :) I added some encrusting green gorg on an island rock and on the back wall and he is starting to open and got his first feeding last night, it's so freakin cool watching gorgs eat haha :happy:

And here is a small "FTS" video

• Like 4

I loved the video and I love your fish too.  Gobies are the cutest things.  That gorg was really cool when you fed it.  I have to say it again great video.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

Awesome nano fish bro, did you get those locally?

Yeah since i work at the LFS, i get dibs on the fish when they come in, its a dick move but thats just who i am :D

20 hours ago, HIppieRose said:

Thank you so much for sharing. Really enjoyed that.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed!

19 hours ago, vlangel said:

I loved the video and I love your fish too.  Gobies are the cutest things.  That gorg was really cool when you fed it.  I have to say it again great video.

Thanks! I plan on getting some other species of gobies, this tank is meant to be a haven for small fish/inverts, i plan on adding a masked goby, green banded goby/ies and my absolute dream goby is a pink eyed goby or any species of host goby, but i've never seen them for sale :( As far as inverts, i have my blue stenopus in here and he is an elusive thing, but he is gorgeous, as soon as they are in stock at KP i'll also add a micro basket star, i feed the gorg almost daily so the basket would be chubby in no time and i just added some encrusting green gorgonian which are the exact same care level at the one i already have so of course i fell in love with them too haha, hopefully i can add some more gorgs soon, plume,ribbon,catcus even though they're pretty hard to find lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I cant find my blenny :( i hope he's either hiding or in the back... or worse, my blue stenopus may have gotten to him, everything else is doing pretty well tho

• 1 month later...

So, lots have changed, I've been busy with school and all that stuff, just a few more weeks! Tangaroan, bimaculatus and coral banded all going strong! New dudes include sexy shrimp, yellow rose antenna/randalls pistol pair, blasto, RFA, toadstool, sun corals, duncan, sinularia, a few hammer babies and more :) I'll try to get a FTS up later

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow I've been off for a while, so here we go. First off, the tank is doing pretty great, heres the list of stock, RFA, Frogspawn, Blue Tip Torch, x2 hammer both of which have shown amazing growth, green sinularia/nepthea idk which one lol, toadstool leather, green polyp leather, kenya tree, acans, blasto, sun coral frag who's fat and happy, trumpets, photosynthetic gorg (corky finger), encrusting gorg, pulse xenia, duncans, photosynthetic purple sponge and some zoas! Fish hasn't changed too much, tangaroan goby, bimaculatus blenny, yellow rose antenna goby and inverts- blue coral banded shrimp, sexy shrimp, randals pistol shrimp and thats it! I've been gone for a while for a few reasons, online chem class, work and my internship, I'll try and get a FTS up ASAP, ik I've said that before, but I mean it this time! :D

On 6/22/2017 at 4:16 PM, samnaz said:

Do you own the ADORABLE frogfish in your icon?!

I'm so sorry to just be responding to this! No i don't, but I wish i did!!!!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, vlangel said:

Beautiful video!  Everything is so peaceful and serene.

Haha, thanks! Its very rare that something isn't closed due to something walking on/over it :D but i'm pretty happy how everything is going at the moment!

• Like 1