Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

Got some other goodies including the rest of my bulbs. So the plan is to finish hanging the light tonight and hopefully fill it up tomorrow.

Decided to try out the Rossmont mover pumps. Went with Two M900 (270-900gph). Im really interested in trying out their new waver wireless controller. Also couldnt resist this deal to pick up a nano calcium reactor and regulator even though it will be quite some time before I will actually need it.

31778462793_66d9e1739a.jpg31778457893_c8d23bd3a7.jpg

• Like 10

Would love to hear your feedback on those Rossmont pumps, after some initial impressions. I'm considering of maybe getting one, if I change my Vortech MP10 WES with a vertically oriented Maxspect Gyre XF130. The Rossmont pump would kick on every hour or so for 5-10 minutes to stir up any debris that may settle on the substrate with the vertical flow from the Gyre :)

Would love to hear your feedback on those Rossmont pumps, after some initial impressions. I'm considering of maybe getting one, if I change my Vortech MP10 WES with a vertically oriented Maxspect Gyre XF130. The Rossmont pump would kick on every hour or so for 5-10 minutes to stir up any debris that may settle on the substrate with the vertical flow from the Gyre :)

Ill definitely update with my first impressions. Im very interested to see how they perform with and without the controller. I was considering a gyre as well but the dimensions didnt work with my aquascape. The vortech was also off the list because of the external motor. I've tried the jebao and its a great low cost alternative but the lack of advanced wireless control was a downer and then the other option was a Tunze which again is a fantastic/durable pump but advanced controllability is also lacking. So I figured why not give the rossmont a try especially after seeing the new controller.

Thats a great idea to combine the gyre with a powerhead.

Ill definitely update with my first impressions. Im very interested to see how they perform with and without the controller. I was considering a gyre as well but the dimensions didnt work with my aquascape. The vortech was also off the list because of the external motor. I've tried the jebao and its a great low cost alternative but the lack of advanced wireless control was a downer and then the other option was a Tunze which again is a fantastic/durable pump but advanced controllability is also lacking. So I figured why not give the rossmont a try especially after seeing the new controller.

Thats a great idea to combine the gyre with a powerhead.

I know that the controller can turn them on and off with 6h intervals, but do you know if they sport some sort of soft start or something, to avoid wearing out from turing on and off more frequently? I was thinking of simply running the pump on a digital timer that turns on for 5-10 minutes every hour or so.

Yeah, the Gyre offers new challenges of planning and implementation into our systems, that's for sure.

The external motor is exactly why I am considering other alternatives ;)

The Jebao pumps would be the perfect low cost alternative (I have one in my reef tank in Norway), if they would only rock a wider flow pattern. The massive undertow of the Vortechs leaves the Jebaos in the dust <_<

I know that the controller can turn them on and off with 6h intervals, but do you know if they sport some sort of soft start or something, to avoid wearing out from turing on and off more frequently? I was thinking of simply running the pump on a digital timer that turns on for 5-10 minutes every hour or so.

Yeah, the Gyre offers new challenges of planning and implementation into our systems, that's for sure.

The external motor is exactly why I am considering other alternatives ;)

The Jebao pumps would be the perfect low cost alternative (I have one in my reef tank in Norway), if they would only rock a wider flow pattern. The massive undertow of the Vortechs leaves the Jebaos in the dust <_<

The Rossmont waver is much more advanced

Yea i agree about the Jebao for the price you cant really beat them but total controllability is important to me as a varied/diverse flow pattern is very important to coral health and overall success IMO.

The Rossmont waver is much more advanced

Yea i agree about the Jebao for the price you cant really beat them but total controllability is important to me as a varied/diverse flow pattern is very important to coral health and overall success IMO.

I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback from you :)

That unoriginal Apple commercial replica kinda rubs me the wrong way ^^ lol

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback from you :)

That unoriginal Apple commercial replica kinda rubs me the wrong way ^^ lol

It bothers me as well :lol: But hey as long as the product delivers. Ill keep you posted I plan to order it once I test out the pumps a bit while the tank is cycling.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing this tank evolve Hype. omgomgomg Those pumps look interesting, the price is super good as well.

Thanks alot Shaun :D The build quality is similar to a Tunze..So If they move water the way I've seen in videos and give the same level of control as a vortech I think they could have a real winner.

I'm interested in hearing how the pumps work too, but that reactor deal is great! I just ordered the reactor and regulator too. :)

I know I got the reactor brand new with a reef fanatic regulator(lightly used) for $125! I just couldn't pass up on that deal. Im very interested to hear your first impressions once you have everything dialed in :happy:

• Like 1

Thanks alot Shaun :D The build quality is similar to a Tunze..So If they move water the way I've seen in videos and give the same level of control as a vortech I think they could have a real winner.

If they work half as well as their promo video then they will be awesome, especially at that price. Looking forward to your impressions.
  • Like 1

If they work half as well as their promo video then they will be awesome, especially at that price. Looking forward to your impressions.

Totally agree....will keep you posted.

So the tank is filled and the hardscape is done. Just finished adding sand..may add a little bit more as I wait for the water to clear. Also finished hanging the ATI....

31870151004_76d48a2ec1_z.jpg

32712919725_d86576399d_z.jpg

32712920135_07dc2edab3_z.jpg

• Like 11

My LFS carries those Waver controllers. I have a Rossmont powerhead myself (in my water change resevoir, found it too powerful for my display). Really curious to see how it performs, haven't seen many reviews or videos on them.

Now let's see some pics of the rockscape! :D

Rehype doing it up again!!

This is going to be amazing for sure.

Thanks man im totally motivated and inspired by your reef :happy:

My LFS carries those Waver controllers. I have a Rossmont powerhead myself (in my water change resevoir, found it too powerful for my display). Really curious to see how it performs, haven't seen many reviews or videos on them.

Now let's see some pics of the rockscape! :D

Me too it seems not many reefers have tried it out to offer much feedback. So ill be sure to be thorough..

Just waiting for the dust to settle :D

Can't wait to see this. Good choice on the ATI, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks alot... it really is a great fixture

• Like 1

We need that dust to quickly settle! You know how us reefers are, we need pics. ;)

Great choice on the light sir, you should see great results...

• Like 1

We need that dust to quickly settle! You know how us reefers are, we need pics. ;)

Great choice on the light sir, you should see great results...

Thanks alot Shane their on the way...Im all about pics :D

Thanks totally agree if I for some reason I didnt see great results the fault would be my own.

What spectrum roughly do you think that bulb combo is giving you? Looks like maybe 16-18kish

I'd guesstimate that its in that range as well.I can post a pic when the dust settles with just the T5's on so you can get a better idea...

• Like 1

Just waiting for the dust to settle :D

Are we there yet? :scarry:

Badass light btw, I keep adding one to my cart at Sewatec and removing it and adding it and removing it and... :lol:

• Like 2

Are we there yet? :scarry:

Badass light btw, I keep adding one to my cart at Sewatec and removing it and adding it and removing it and... :lol:

Still waiting <_<

I overdid it with the sand :lol: Im going to turn on the skimmer to speed things up.

Thanks man its the sexiest hybrid out there imo. Dont worry I had the same reservations and then I got a deal I couldnt refuse. :lol: Its worth every penny

• Like 1