Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

So Ive added a handful of frags over the last month or so. Growth has been pretty good and some of the frags that were brown are beginning to color up nicely...

33990761733_d0a14cb1fa_z.jpg

33990761993_7d4878c8c1_z.jpg

33990762173_2e56396a99_z.jpg

• Like 14

And my personal favorite...some type of rainbow millepora. Its a mix of green red and blue...look forward to see how it looks when it matures.

33935756974_87b6eecbe4_z.jpg

• Like 11
15 hours ago, Asureef said:

Great stuff hype! 

Thanks man...trying to keep up with you

11 hours ago, COreefer said:

Awesome pics, a true inspiration.  That rainbow millepora is absolutely beautiful!!

Thanks alot CO its very much appreciated. Im really looking forward to seeing how it looks as a mini colony!

So I decided to get serious about upgrading the flow in this tank. First step was to swap out the Rossmont pumps with the new Aqamai pumps.  These pumps are tiny!!!!!!  Im really happy as they dont take up hardly any space and its super easy to direct the flow with their patented suction cup mount. Theyre also very easy to configure by creating a profile using the aqamai app. One of the easiest pumps to program IME. I customized the flow patterns to change every 30 minutes. Anyone with a nano and considering new pumps should give these a close look. Im super impressed so far as they offer alot of value in a small package. 

34866222583_749e1bd983.jpg  34834395594_469e0926fe.jpg  

34866212393_3ed8e43838.jpg 34834385474_20cf28f922.jpg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Rehype said:

So I decided to get serious about upgrading the flow in this tank. First step was to swap out the Rossmont pumps with the new Aqamai pumps.  These pumps are tiny!!!!!!  Im really happy as they dont take up hardly any space and its super easy to direct the flow with their patented suction cup mount. Theyre also very easy to configure by creating a profile using the aqamai app. One of the easiest pumps to program IME. I customized the flow patterns to change every 30 minutes. Anyone with a nano and considering new pumps should give these a close look. Im super impressed so far as they offer alot of value in a small package. 

34866222583_749e1bd983.jpg  34834395594_469e0926fe.jpg  

34866212393_3ed8e43838.jpg 34834385474_20cf28f922.jpg

Interesting. 

Were you unhappy with the rossmont pumps?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JR! said:

just looked at one at the lfs. i wanna see one in action. looks promising 

They're pretty impressive considering their small footprint.

1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Interesting. 

Were you unhappy with the rossmont pumps?

Hey Weets. I was mostly unhappy with the size of the pump (They were a bit too bulky in my tank) Other than that they are well built and move alot of water.  The controller is pretty cool too as its easy to configure and controls both pumps at the same time.  The negative is its absolutely required for any controllability and its pricey ($200)

1 hour ago, Rehype said:

They're pretty impressive considering their small footprint.

Hey Weets. I was mostly unhappy with the size of the pump (They were a bit too bulky in my tank) Other than that they are well built and move alot of water.  The controller is pretty cool too as its easy to configure and controls both pumps at the same time.  The negative is its absolutely required for any controllability and its pricey ($200)

Ahhh, yeah, that's a bummer on the controller. 

I had looked at both of those pumps for my new tank, but will prob stick with what I have on hand for new. 

That's why I was interested tho, thanks for the input. 

I have an old MP20 driver that I just need to get a new MP40 wet side for, so I'll try that first.

1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Ahhh, yeah, that's a bummer on the controller. 

I had looked at both of those pumps for my new tank, but will prob stick with what I have on hand for new. 

That's why I was interested tho, thanks for the input. 

I have an old MP20 driver that I just need to get a new MP40 wet side for, so I'll try that first.

No worries. The Vortechs are fantastic pumps but unfortunately their design (dryside) aren't compatible with this tank or they would have likely been my first choice.

• Like 1
On 7/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, Rehype said:

Heres a snapshot from the profile installed on the left pump:

34836864514_27b1cd4d30_z.jpg

I love these pumps! Have had my pair for at least a few months, probably longer, and they rock. By far a fantastic option for nano tanks given its 1050gph output in such a tiny package. Not sure if you saw the Aqamai video I was in for these pumps, but they are literally the size of an egg. 

I too found the programming of these pumps super simple. So glad you can just connect directly too them as well, rather than via the internet through a separate hub. You can make some really fantastic and varied flow patterns with these bad boys!

Let me know how you like them a few months in :)

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, TJ_Burton said:

I love these pumps! Have had my pair for at least a few months, probably longer, and they rock. By far a fantastic option for nano tanks given its 1050gph output in such a tiny package. Not sure if you saw the Aqamai video I was in for these pumps, but they are literally the size of an egg. 

I too found the programming of these pumps super simple. So glad you can just connect directly too them as well, rather than via the internet through a separate hub. You can make some really fantastic and varied flow patterns with these bad boys!

Let me know how you like them a few months in :)

Hey bud. I saw your video when I was doing my research on these pumps! It definitely reassured me these were the pumps to go with so thank you.

Thats what im loving the most is how easy it is to customize and truly randomize the flow. Ive been using them for a little over a month and have been more than satisfied with their performance. There were a few issues with the android app when it was first released but they've addressed them in the latest update So im a happy camper.

Flow modes

• Yellow: 

34877185034_d394f98bdc.jpg

• Blinking Orange: 

34909034113_746643f52f.jpg

• Purple: 

34909033213_012e2ab895.jpg

• Green: 

34909032643_18ea84360f.jpg

• Cyan: 

34877224234_a1b9670c8c.jpg

• Blue: 

35549830382_994a69bf29.jpg

• Like 4

Decided to prune the macroalgae...The reactor was stuffed to capacity(had trouble pulling most of it out) Its pretty amazing how much can actually fit in there.This will be the last pruning for this reactor as Im finally going to setup the larger one.  In the meantime im selling two big bags of chaeto (the good stuff with plenty of pods)

35825028315_2809f220db.jpg

• Like 6
7 hours ago, JR! said:

I'd love some but I need less then a golf ball size. No need for a big bag :P

lol oh ok. Well if you still need some the next go round ill send you some and you can just pay shipping.

• Like 1
Nano sapiens

Oh my, look at all the new toys! :)

The little Aqamai pumps look like a really nice product.  Amazing what's being done with flow these days...

15 hours ago, Nano sapiens said:

Oh my, look at all the new toys! :)

The little Aqamai pumps look like a really nice product.  Amazing what's being done with flow these days...

You know im a sucker for new toys :D

So far they fit the bill nicely. This level of control has been available for some time but IME programming pumps to behave in this way was alot more time consuming and required a number of different modules.

• Like 2

So quick update I had the tank on autopilot and have to say I wasnt paying too much attention to it over the last month but I  recently lost about 6-7 SPS frags to RTN so I knew something was off but couldnt put my finger on what it was. On close inspection last night I saw number of the remaining frags I had covered in bite marks turn out I have AEFW!:angry::angry:. So im in the midst of fragging the remaining frags and will dip them every 4-6 days. Ive dealt with monti-eating nudis that also developed a taste for acros in the past so Im going to go with the same treatment plan. Ill keep you guys posted on all my efforts. Im glad I scaped the tank in a way that is easy to remove the affected frags. In the meantime Im also going to pick up a yellow coris wrasse as they were awesome in keeping my tank pest free in the past. The battle begins...

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Rehype said:

So quick update I had the tank on autopilot and have to say I wasnt paying too much attention to it over the last month but I  recently lost about 6-7 SPS frags to RTN so I knew something was off but couldnt put my finger on what it was. On close inspection last night I saw number of the remaining frags I had covered in bite marks turn out I have AEFW!:angry::angry:. So im in the midst of fragging the remaining frags and will dip them every 4-6 days. Ive dealt with monti-eating nudis that also developed a taste for acros in the past so Im going to go with the same treatment plan. Ill keep you guys posted on all my efforts. Im glad I scaped the tank in a way that is easy to remove the affected frags. In the meantime Im also going to pick up a yellow coris wrasse as they were awesome in keeping my tank pest free in the past. The battle begins...

That suuuuucks :(

SPS... the adventures in everything trying to kill your precious rainbow sticks...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TJ_Burton said:

That suuuuucks :(

SPS... the adventures in everything trying to kill your precious rainbow sticks...

Tell me about it...Its always something :rolleyes: Well in this hobby its not how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get back up

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Rehype said:

Man, it sucks!

I just found some in my tank too!!! :tears: