Cultivated Reef

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

17 minutes ago, Rehype said:

So far test frags are doing good and I plan to pick up some more this weekend. Reactor is also working splendidly. Nitrates and Phosphates remain at 0 despite daily feeding of flakes and pellets.

Day 1                                                         Day 7                                                         Day 14

33588702865_2a156ffce8.jpg&key=c621df950 33584611492_9fdb26d2e9.jpg&key=7196e3d8f 33832829366_22863f95bb.jpg

That thing is working like a Beast!!!

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, Rehype said:

So far test frags are doing good and I plan to pick up some more this weekend. Reactor is also working splendidly. Nitrates and Phosphates remain at 0 despite daily feeding of flakes and pellets.

Day 1                                                         Day 7                                                         Day 14

33588702865_2a156ffce8.jpg&key=c621df950 33584611492_9fdb26d2e9.jpg&key=7196e3d8f 33832829366_22863f95bb.jpg

I love seeing the progression, it's taking off! Will you be opening it up soon to thin it out, or can it handle more before flow gets restricted?

Welcome back @DCUEVAS74 & @nanoreef-R!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

That thing is working like a Beast!!!

It sure does! Especially considering the lack of livestock. Nitrates and phosphates are steady at 0

23 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I love seeing the progression, it's taking off! Will you be opening it up soon to thin it out, or can it handle more before flow gets restricted?

Thanks Chris! Flow hasn't been impeded at all so im going to just let it keep growing for a few more weeks.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Thanks Chris, great to be back and thanks for all you do!

• Like 2
Needreefunds

Reactor is just plain sexy buddy. I think I'd just put my ugly tank under the stand and put the reactor on top for all to see. Maybe I'll DIY a lampshade...

Sorry about the Sunburst bud. :(

13 hours ago, Needreefunds said:

Reactor is just plain sexy buddy. I think I'd just put my ugly tank under the stand and put the reactor on top for all to see. Maybe I'll DIY a lampshade...

Sorry about the Sunburst bud. :(

LOL Thanks buddy appreciate it. 

Well I came across a deal that was too good to pass up on the "E" version of this reactor. The main reason I decided to upgrade was this model includes quick disconnects so its much easier to do maintenance. Additionally there is a calcium reactor injection assembly that you can add to it and not too mention its about double the size of my current reactor so more room for chaeto! Now just have to set it up...

33838784411_5ecea94e43.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DaveFason said:

How is the maintenance on the reactor? Always curious.

Any model that supports the quick disconnects makes it super simple. And since the reactor supports so much growth you likely can go nearly a month before pruning.

So I was up making some RO/DI water last night and happened to peer into the tank and saw my pom pom crab. This is the first time ive seen this crab in months and it looks shes been busy lol.  Theres no chance of the eggs being fertilized but its pretty cool to see nonetheless. 

33835593540_3ed54bc51f_z.jpg

• Like 23
18 minutes ago, Rehype said:

So I was up making some RO/DI water last night and happened to peer into the tank and saw my pom pom crab. This is the first time ive seen this crab in months and it looks shes been busy lol.  Theres no chance of the eggs being fertilized but its pretty cool to see nonetheless. 

Nice photo!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Rehype said:

:o Very cool!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

:o Very cool!!!

57 minutes ago, Nano sapiens said:

That is a great photo!

Thanks guys...I was really fortunate to get a shot :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rehype said:

What an amazing picture!  I've never seen pom-pom eggs in person but then, most of mine have been probable males.  And my last one was a female and turned out to not be a very nice crab lol. :unsure:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

What an amazing picture!  I've never seen pom-pom eggs in person but then, most of mine have been probable males.  And my last one was a female and turned out to not be a very nice crab lol. :unsure:

Thanks lulu! Ive never seen them in person either. It was pretty cool to watch her fanning them with her pom poms. I doubt ill see her again with the eggs still in tact so its cool to have a nice shot. 

Heres a pic of her giving me the "hand" when she had enough pictures :lol: She retreated back into the rockwork and I probably wont see her again for a while. Anyhow this is the best shot i've ever gotten of their anemones...pretty cool. Its amazing that no one knows where the crabs find this particular species..

33835593630_83d935ae64_z.jpg

• Like 12
6 hours ago, Rehype said:

Thanks lulu! Ive never seen them in person either. It was pretty cool to watch her fanning them with her pom poms. I doubt ill see her again with the eggs still in tact so its cool to have a nice shot. 

Heres a pic of her giving me the "hand" when she had enough pictures :lol: She retreated back into the rockwork and I probably wont see her again for a while. Anyhow this is the best shot i've ever gotten of their anemones...pretty cool. Its amazing that no one knows where the crabs find this particular species..

33835593630_83d935ae64_z.jpg

Great shot E and happy you got the opportunity to not only experience this but also catch a shot of it!  Bravo my friend.

• Like 1

Amazing picture!

I bought a female Pom Pom with eggs. One night just after the lights were off, she got on top of my rockwork and seemed to be "dancing", then she released the eggs. It looked really cool! I think I saw her do it again a while later.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DCUEVAS74 said:

Great shot E and happy you got the opportunity to not only experience this but also catch a shot of it!  Bravo my friend.

Thanks buddy!

40 minutes ago, niQo said:

Amazing picture!

I bought a female Pom Pom with eggs. One night just after the lights were off, she got on top of my rockwork and seemed to be "dancing", then she released the eggs. It looked really cool! I think I saw her do it again a while later.

Thanks alot!

Thats awesome! I wish I could have seen her release the eggs...

11 minutes ago, Rain24 said:

I love your photos. :wub:

Look at that action shot of your egg-laden pom pom!!! I love the clearer photo of her as well. I can't wait to have one in my jar.

Thanks Rain..Im a bit rusty :blush:

They're the coolest when they're out and about! Definitely one of my favorite species :happy:

• Like 1

Awesome Pom Pom.omgomgomg I have one as well, though I rarely see it - but it's always cool to catch a glimpse. That reactor is badass as well, maybe I need to look into DIYing one. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, 4x5 said:

Awesome Pom Pom.omgomgomg I have one as well, though I rarely see it - but it's always cool to catch a glimpse. That reactor is badass as well, maybe I need to look into DIYing one. 

Thanks Shaun! This is only the second time i've seen her in over two months! I have to be up late doing take maintenance to have a shot.  

You should its totally worth the time and investment.

• Like 2