Pod Your Reef

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

9 minutes ago, semigodd154 said:

I think I can expect the full 6 weeks it says on the site then lol was being optimistic 

Yea they're pretty busy at the moment but it could be sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

So quick update the tank is cycled. I tested the parameters the other day and everything was in line. So I plan to add a few test frags over the weekend. Additionally I need to setup a QT tank so thats next on the list. Also picked up this cool IM hydrofill reservoir

32472334073_dd224204f0.jpg

• Like 8
Needreefunds

Killed the scape buddy. I'm going to crack another cold one and just kick back and relax while you treat us all to the eye candy. The talent, knowledge and skill set you possess is incredible. Carry on Sir. Following along as usual. 

Im not even going to talk about that reactor :naughtydance:

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, Needreefunds said:

Killed the scape buddy. I'm going to crack another cold one and just kick back and relax while you treat us all to the eye candy. The talent, knowledge and skill set you possess is incredible. Carry on Sir. Following along as usual. 

Pretty much this. :)

12 hours ago, Rain24 said:

Looking forward to your tank having frags in it!

Also, all your equipment is so sleek and pretty to look at. :)

Thanks rain me too!

Thanks :)...I definitely went over budget on this one but I figured I'd treat myself since its my last build.

10 hours ago, Needreefunds said:

Thanks alot buddy I sincerely appreciate it....really glad to have  you back :happy:

Shes a sexy beast isnt she :lol:

9 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Pretty much this. :)

Thanks weetie :blush:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rehype said:

:)...I definitely went over budget on this one but I figured I'd treat myself since its my last build.

Sure buddy... ;)

• Like 3
On 3/6/2017 at 7:13 PM, Rehype said:

So quick update the tank is cycled. I tested the parameters the other day and everything was in line. So I plan to add a few test frags over the weekend. Additionally I need to setup a QT tank so thats next on the list. Also picked up this cool IM hydrofill reservoir

32472334073_dd224204f0.jpg

Nice man! 

I've been thinking about picking one up as well.  

12 hours ago, Asureef said:

Nice man! 

I've been thinking about picking one up as well.  

Thanks bud.

I havent filled it up just yet but it seems very solid. I just loves that the drawer makes it easier to fill up. You should definitely pick one up

12 hours ago, Rain24 said:

Are you *sure* you were a scout? :P

Ok you got me... totally wasnt a scout.It just seemed like the right thing to say :P

11 hours ago, J-Ranko said:

It's called "rationalization". ;)

You guys know me way too well :mellow::D

• Like 2

You may have mentioned this earlier and I missed it, but did you have any specific plans for stocking this, or did you just plan on putting pretty Reef Stuff in?

Needreefunds
43 minutes ago, Rehype said:

Thanks bud.

I havent filled it up just yet but it seems very solid. I just loves that the drawer makes it easier to fill up. You should definitely pick one up

Ok you got me... totally wasnt a scout.It just seemed like the right thing to say :P

You guys know me way too well :mellow::D

You can remake a "last build" many times you know...Hypes SPS drop off... Followed by: Hypes LPS drop off haven... Hypes luxury leather drop off... Hypes dramatic mushroom drop off paradise... mixed reef... etc. we don't care what it is buddy. We will be watching. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

You may have mentioned this earlier and I missed it, but did you have any specific plans for stocking this, or did you just plan on putting pretty Reef Stuff in?

Hey Weetie thank for reminding me as I never posted my planned stocking list. I went back and forth on this but I decided the theme is going to be the "shy guys sanctuary" (corny i know) but its mainly beautiful fish that ive owned in the past and enjoyed but found them to be quite shy. In this setting they can feel alot more comfortable as there won't be any potential bully fish to contend with. Currently the list look like this:

• Sunburst Anthias
  • Helfrich Firefish
  • Red sea mimic blenny
  • Pink streaked wrasse

I have a few others but I haven't been able to source them just yet so ill update if that changes

4 hours ago, Needreefunds said:

You can remake a "last build" many times you know...Hypes SPS drop off... Followed by: Hypes LPS drop off haven... Hypes luxury leather drop off... Hypes dramatic mushroom drop off paradise... mixed reef... etc. we don't care what it is buddy. We will be watching. 

lol that is true...thanks buddy :happy:

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Rehype said:

Hey Weetie thank for reminding me as I never posted my planned stocking list. I went back and forth on this but I decided the theme is going to be the "shy guys sanctuary" (corny i know) but its mainly beautiful fish that ive owned in the past and enjoyed but found them to be quite shy. In this setting they can feel alot more comfortable as there won't be any potential bully fish to contend with. Currently the list look like this:

• Sunburst Anthias
  • Helfrich Firefish
  • Red sea mimic blenny
  • Pink streaked wrasse

I have a few others but I haven't been able to source them just yet so ill update if that changes

lol that is true...thanks buddy :happy:

Oooh, I really LIKE that!!!!

49 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Oooh, I really LIKE that!!!!

Me too !! :happy: I just have to setup a QT and get a canopy for the tank (in the process of doing both)

39 minutes ago, TJ_Burton said:

Great stock list! I too am after a Pink Streak Wrasse! :D

Thanks  TJ....great fish especially once they get acclimated. 

2 hours ago, Rehype said:

Thanks  TJ....great fish especially once they get acclimated. 

So I've heard!
I've done a six line a bunch of times, and also a 4 line, but never the pink streak, and I've also loved 'em so I figured it was worth a try.

How do you feel about Real Reef rock 4.0 so far? Looks great and I hear they pretty much perfected it (should be almost better for filtration than real live rock). Did yours come cultured like they say on the website? Tubeworms, sponges etc?

14 hours ago, metrokat said:

DD has a pink streaked wrasse ATM. 

Let me know how you like the ATO reservoir. I wrote the breaking news reveal article about it for Marine Depot but I was thinking of getting one also.

I know I was soooooo tempted but I dont have the QT setup just yet. 

Will do Kitty.

14 hours ago, oogie said:

nice!

Thanks you oogie...Appreciate you checking in

13 hours ago, TJ_Burton said:

So I've heard!
I've done a six line a bunch of times, and also a 4 line, but never the pink streak, and I've also loved 'em so I figured it was worth a try.

Yes they are tireless hunters like 6 lines but their temperament is shy and totally non aggressive.

9 hours ago, Moolelo said:

How do you feel about Real Reef rock 4.0 so far? Looks great and I hear they pretty much perfected it (should be almost better for filtration than real live rock). Did yours come cultured like they say on the website? Tubeworms, sponges etc?

Thanks. So far I love it...it doesn't leech phosphates live other dry rock sources ive used in the past. Although mine wasn't live I couldnt risk killing all the livestock while I figured out the aquascaping. I will say the rock didn't have any cycle that I was able to measure. It seems to have been cured prior to shipping.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, oogie said:

Sure! Fellow Jersey reefer!

Awesome just noticed that in your sig. I used to work in North jersey... What town are you in?