Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hypes SPS Dropoff Peninsula-New Skimmer

Rehype

By the way, Marine Depot is replacing my Nano calcium reactor with a new model. They said that although it could be repaired, they'd prefer to replace it, but it's been discontinued and they're out of stock now. I guess that explains that great price :)

They have a whole new line called cTech, so they are sending me a cTech T-Nano reactor. It has a new design and the pump no longer connects directly to the body, so I suspect that was a design flaw they had trouble with.

3 minutes ago, Rehype said:

I know right! 

:lol: your right ill just have to turn it into a rad biopellet or carbon reactor. B)

I like the way you think :D

• Like 2
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

By the way, Marine Depot is replacing my Nano calcium reactor with a new model. They said that although it could be repaired, they'd prefer to replace it, but it's been discontinued and they're out of stock now. I guess that explains that great price :)

They have a whole new line called cTech, so they are sending me a cTech T-Nano reactor. It has a new design and the pump no longer connects directly to the body, so I suspect that was a design flaw they had trouble with.

Thats awesome that they're going to replace it with the new model...Im so jelly. You gotta post pics and let me know what you think of the redesign.

When life gives you lemons make lemonade :D

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Sexy!!

This hobby gets us all so hyped (;)) over good-looking gadgets whose function is a bit less than 'sexy' (remove fish poo, move around water).  

3 hours ago, Rehype said:

Some pics powered up..

32130513234_b486ca9422.jpg 32130513414_d29edd03e4.jpg

Looks more like a mini nuclear reactor. 

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, J-Ranko said:

This hobby gets us all so hyped (;)) over good-looking gadgets whose function is a bit less than 'sexy' (remove fish poo, move around water).  

Looks more like a mini nuclear reactor. 

:D Very true.

Also very true :lol:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BattleAthletics said:

So weird, id been looking at the @Marine Depotdiy version and other associated videos on youtube about these reactors.

Looking at ultra reef nano calcium reactor too.

Great minds think alike :D

• Like 2
BattleAthletics
15 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Hell of a nano calcium reactor you're getting!

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, BattleAthletics said:

Hell of a nano calcium reactor you're getting!

Yeah, just judging from the pictures it looks like a much better design. It seems to be a scaled down version of the big boy ones.

I have to say Marine Depot has always treated me right. They could just have easily just asked me to send it back for repairs.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

Yeah, just judging from the pictures it looks like a much better design. It seems to be a scaled down version of the big boy ones.

I have to say Marine Depot has always treated me right. They could just have easily just asked me to send it back for repairs.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_cTech_T_2_Calcium_Reactor_Calcium_Reactors-AquaMaxx-UJ94573-FICRRA-vi.html

For those wondering what it looks like.

• Like 1
On 2/7/2017 at 4:33 AM, Rehype said:

Awesome let me know when you set it up. What regulator and did you go with and what size CO2 tank? Also What type of media?

Thats a good idea.. just be sure to test often,make any adjustments slowly and you will be fine

:D:P Real reef Rock..Trying to be a more responsible reefer.

More pics of the scape..

32718281816_059965bc9a_z.jpg

32759557955_2972be90e5_z.jpg

All caught up...luckily only 8 pages so far!  Looks great!  Is it ready for coral yet?

• Like 1

Thats true customer service right there...Glad they're taking care of you. Im starting to debate if I should sell mine and pick up the new model. hmmm decisions decisions :unsure:

11 minutes ago, BattleAthletics said:

Its actually this model.

7 minutes ago, gena said:

All caught up...luckily only 8 pages so far!  Looks great!  Is it ready for coral yet?

Thanks so much gena. Technically yes but Im going let the colonies mature for a few more weeks. I do plan to add a fish or two in the meantime.

• Like 2

I have been away for a VERY long time, but today I had a hankering to look at reef setups again. I was SO happy to see that you're working on a new project! Will be coming back more often. :D

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Rain24 said:

I have been away for a VERY long time, but today I had a hankering to look at reef setups again. I was SO happy to see that you're working on a new project! Will be coming back more often. :D

Hey rain!!!!!!!Long time no see. Hope all is well. Really glad to see your still around and thanks for checking in! Any new builds on the horizon? Ive been keeping up with you on Flickr :D

17 minutes ago, Rehype said:

Thats true customer service right there...Glad they're taking care of you. Im starting to debate if I should sell mine and pick up the new model. hmmm decisions decisions :unsure:

Its actually this model.

Thanks so much gena. Technically yes but Im going let the colonies mature for a few more weeks. I do plan to add a fish or two in the meantime.

I like that the new nano model is HOB, so there's no base plate. Should take up a little less room next to the sump.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rehype said:

Hey rain!!!!!!!Long time no see. Hope all is well. Really glad to see your still around and thanks for checking in! Any new builds on the horizon? Ive been keeping up with you on Flickr :D

OMG...you still remember me. Aww...:wub:

We moved to the PNW beginning of last year and bought a house halfway through the year. We are now trying to decide if we are setting up the cube again or if we should start from scratch with either a larger one or a pico. LOL. In the meantime, I will be drooling over your build. I cannot wait to see your awesome pics again!!!

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Rain24 said:

OMG...you still remember me. Aww...:wub:

We moved to the PNW beginning of last year and bought a house halfway through the year. We are now trying to decide if we are setting up the cube again or if we should start from scratch with either a larger one or a pico. LOL. In the meantime, I will be drooling over your build. I cannot wait to see your awesome pics again!!!

Of course! I never forget a reefer especially one thats also a talented artist :) 

Well thats absolutely awesome I look forward to seeing whatever you have planned next. 

47 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I like that the new nano model is HOB, so there's no base plate. Should take up a little less room next to the sump.

I like that as well not to mention the pump can be easily removed.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, cnseekatz said:

Hype, whatever happened to that gorgeous yellow dendrochirus of yours? 

Unfortunately I had to give her to my LFS when I broke down the elos.

4 hours ago, cnseekatz said:

:(

Yea but honestly I wouldn't have been able to keep her in this build as im going for more of a community tank. My last two tanks were predator only.

8 hours ago, Rehype said:

Yea but honestly I wouldn't have been able to keep her in this build as im going for more of a community tank. My last two tanks were predator only.

Fair enough, but next next you have my dream fish, you let me know if you need to give her away! ;)

I just missed this beauty. S/he sold in like 3 minutes:

DSC_2797_ps.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, cnseekatz said:

Fair enough, but next next you have my dream fish, you let me know if you need to give her away! ;)

I just missed this beauty. S/he sold in like 3 minutes:

Fair enough :happy:

Oh my she was gorgeous. :wub:

17 minutes ago, semigodd154 said:

Just a quick question I ordered this same tank last night what was your turn around time from order to delivery?

At the time I had mine expedited it took about 3 weeks.