inTank Media Baskets

Nola & Bosco's Red Sea E260 - New FTS

Nola Bear

I know that these pics are horrible, but i jsut want to document my losses here so that I can have a before and after.

Don't cry for me Argentina. I'm born and raised in Tampa, Florida. This comes with the territory and the hobby. It is not the first nutshot from this hobby or state, and it shant be the last~

The good news is that I am dialed back in, and there is only another month or so of hurricane season (what a shitty season, I much prefer blueberry season...more good news, my little blueberry showpiece acro not only survived but is thriving). It is odd how so many corals died in the outtage, but others seemed to improve, like i have cyphastrea and a scroll I thought were dead have come back after the storm...weird. 

I promise to get back on here and post images with more regularity. Especially after I meet with two locals this weekend.:happydance:

okay! Went to one buddy yesterday and picked up 6 really great frags. Miami orchid, pink Lemonade, acroberry, purple berry, lokani, and pc rainbow. 

I get get to go to another friend tonight and get a few more. Then I'll give the new corals some time to adjust and will take some pics to post up:D

• Like 1

so this weekend was nuts on the frag front. I have the six that I mentioned above and then last night I went to another friend's place and he set me up with 11 more frags to help me get back up on my sps feet after IRMa

This was what I got yesterday: 

WWC Slimeball Anacropora

ORA Chips

Granulosa

Tricolor Valida

Blue Tip Stag

Blue Tip Tenuis

ORA Lantana

Bloody Mary Monti

Starburst Monti

A Reef Raft Unknown

Another piece of PC Rainbow

What a great local group. I mean, come on, really, this is insane. 

I'm going to post some pics tonight and then add some in a few weeks to watch how they change. I am getting closer and closer to adding 2-4 36" T5s to go along with my 3 AI Primes, but I'd have to diy a nice looking floating canopy, and I just havent had the time/energy. I hate to get all of these amazing corals and maybe not be able to pull all of the colors out of them. We will see.

• Like 1

JF Outerspace Psammacora

WWC Darth Maul Porites

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

JF Party Crasher Cyphastrea

IMG_3081.JPG

And just a few pics of my buddies (One of my three conchs)

IMG_3072.JPG

Sierra our Valentini Puffer

IMG_3065.JPG

Now that i look at it, this tank is going to bounce back just fine and will be better than it has ever been until the next natural or reefing disaster, which most likely will happen any moment now.....

Anywho, I'd like to thank a few people who have been incredible sources of inspiration and support on here, whether they know it or not. @teenyreef has been an inspiration to all. As has @metrokat @ninjamyst @RIP Sebastian and @4x5 @Mikeymikemike @TJ_Burton

keep us all motivated. Thanks to all who let me lurk in the shadows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Nola Bear said:

Now that i look at it, this tank is going to bounce back just fine and will be better than it has ever been until the next natural or reefing disaster, which most likely will happen any moment now.....

Anywho, I'd like to thank a few people who have been incredible sources of inspiration and support on here, whether they know it or not. @teenyreef has been an inspiration to all. As has @metrokat @ninjamyst @RIP Sebastian and @4x5 @Mikeymikemike @TJ_Burton

You really know how to make us blush! ? I'm so glad I can help other reefers enjoy the hobby we all love so much. 

• Like 1

EVEything is still looking good. I just ran out of Hanna all regeant so I need it to come in today or tomorrow so that I can see what I see happening with the alk after adding 17 new corals. 

On 9/30/2017 at 9:38 PM, Nola Bear said:

:wub:

Thank you for your kind words. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Added t5s to the tank. At the risk of sounding like a plug, they are amazing.  Growth and color noticed practically overnight. 

Picked up two pairs of the retro t5ho sets and 7-8 new bulbs from a local Reefer for 125$ who was shutting down a few tanks. 

C8D399E0-C225-4EE5-BEA3-5A2E65D078EA.jpeg

F8C17F04-D7E2-43F3-8E88-A3E8713BB189.jpeg