SaltCritters.com

Nola & Bosco's Red Sea E260 - New FTS

Nola Bear

Absolutely slayed it today. Went to a local refer who has a ridiculous set up. He has a room that is dedicated to tanks, plural. He has a Zoa tank. He has a softy tank. He has an anemone tank. He has an LPS tank full of acans and scolias and lobos. He has a quarantine tank for corals. Then he has his frag tank which is at least 6' x 3' x 2' tall. Then he has his display tank in his living room. It's ridiculous.

Well, he needs to thin out his frag tank and invited me to come over. I got 7 SPS frags today: blueberry acro, red dragon, fiery digitata, X factor Monti, setosa, starburst Monti, Jason fox Tubbs stellata Monti. All for 10$ per.

Pics will come once corals settle

• Like 4

Absolutely slayed it today. Went to a local refer who has a ridiculous set up. He has a room that is dedicated to tanks, plural. He has a Zoa tank. He has a softy tank. He has an anemone tank. He has an LPS tank full of acans and scolias and lobos. He has a quarantine tank for corals. Then he has his frag tank which is at least 6' x 3' x 2' tall. Then he has his display tank in his living room. It's ridiculous.

Well, he needs to thin out his frag tank and invited me to come over. I got 7 SPS frags today: blueberry acro, red dragon, fiery digitata, X factor Monti, setosa, starburst Monti, Jason fox Tubbs stellata Monti. All for 10$ per.

Pics will come once corals settle

Thats awesome cant wait to see pics.

• Like 1

I feel bad for my sister. Her husband, one of my best friends growing up, is apparently not as bright as I had always thought. I've been guiding them on their new build, a 67 Solana. It's a great tank. First, I had to convince him to go herbie and abandon the durso, and I have given him articles, videos, and all the advice on plumbing the tank. It's not complicated. I told him to avoid the cheap ball valves. What did he buy? I told him he needs to go as straight as possible from drain to sump and avoid any horizontal runs, using 45s and avoiding 90s. This is the progress shot I got today:

Wtf!! Both drains, main and emergency, have 90s and valves. And his main drain literally goes back up.......huh? This guy has his Master's

post-89740-0-38725000-1486939403_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Don't be a meanie! First time plumbing is difficult. And I have a 90 too, there was no getting around it without advanced plumbing knowledge

You're right. That was too aggressive. I just needed to talk some smack behind his back. I feel better now.

• Like 2

I think Kat just meant she's no good a plumbing either :lol:

Seriously, though, I was super glad my 30g came already plumbed even though I had to redo some of it. It was much easier figuring out plumbing for the first time by modifying an existing setup than it would have been doing it from scratch.

What blows me away is how good it can look by heating and bending pvc pipe, which means you don't even have 45's. Scorched's v2 sump is a work of art.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not entirely happy with the pics I am getting, but as promised, New Coral Photodump:

Blueberry Acro (I can't get a good shot of the electric blue polyps on this :furious: )[/url]IMG_2913_zpsdggitdsl.jpg

X-Factor Monti (again, can't see the blue polyps and purple rim)

_MG_2966_zps4qjw8hqq.jpg

Super Sexy Setosa

_MG_2958_zpsumycc79s.jpg

JF Tubbs Stellata

_MG_2954_zpslfwwt9pe.jpg

Pink Lemondae finally coloring up

_MG_2960_zps8bp49t5q.jpg

Blue Tenuis finally coloring up

_MG_2961_zpsutfne6c8.jpg

_MG_2952_zpsjvexrwcz.jpg

New growth tips on my super hairy acro

_MG_2962_zpsep2skycd.jpg

Red Dragon mini colony

IMG_2920_zps6bfn38pg.jpg

One of my torts

IMG_2917_zpsqzrqf4j1.jpg

Miami Orchid Colony

IMG_2916_zpsjabkgjkg.jpg

Garf Bonsai Colony

IMG_2915_zpsknreg0mm.jpg

Awful pics of the Starburst Monti

IMG_2929_zpshwhxna72.jpg

_MG_2979_zpsw5jblllx.jpg

Firey Digi

_MG_2973_zpsq2jlbq9f.jpg

_MG_2974_zps1oevjv91.jpg

Symphillia I picked up at the Tampa Frag Swap

_MG_2977_zpsyr1hss2w.jpg

Yellow Finger Gorg from the Tampa Frag Swap

_MG_2972_zpsbplzd6mt.jpg

Crappy Evening FTS

_MG_2970_zpsc98az4ab.jpg

• Like 3

:slap:

Seriously, though, I was super glad my 30g came already plumbed even though I had to redo some of it. It was much easier figuring out plumbing for the first time by modifying an existing setup than it would have been doing it from scratch.

What blows me away is how good it can look by heating and bending pvc pipe, which means you don't even have 45's. Scorched's v2 sump is a work of art.

Oh come on - Scorched is gifted - the guy is just utterly gifted.

• Like 2

a couple of months? it opened a lot in the beginning then stopped =(

I've read that about these. We'll see what happens. I feed heavy, so hopefully it likes to eat...

The corals look great in the new pics! I always have trouble getting good pictures of corals with intense blue like the blueberry acro. And I have yet to get a good picture of my stellata, the polyps are so bright you can't actually see the purple of the skin.

• Like 1

I am not entirely happy with the pics I am getting, but as promised, New Coral Photodump:

Blueberry Acro (I can't get a good shot of the electric blue polyps on this :furious: )IMG_2913_zpsdggitdsl.jpg[/url]

X-Factor Monti (again, can't see the blue polyps and purple rim)

_MG_2966_zps4qjw8hqq.jpg

Super Sexy Setosa

_MG_2958_zpsumycc79s.jpg

JF Tubbs Stellata

_MG_2954_zpslfwwt9pe.jpg

Pink Lemondae finally coloring up

_MG_2960_zps8bp49t5q.jpg

Blue Tenuis finally coloring up

_MG_2961_zpsutfne6c8.jpg

_MG_2952_zpsjvexrwcz.jpg

New growth tips on my super hairy acro

_MG_2962_zpsep2skycd.jpg

Red Dragon mini colony

IMG_2920_zps6bfn38pg.jpg

One of my torts

IMG_2917_zpsqzrqf4j1.jpg

Miami Orchid Colony

IMG_2916_zpsjabkgjkg.jpg

Garf Bonsai Colony

IMG_2915_zpsknreg0mm.jpg

Awful pics of the Starburst Monti

IMG_2929_zpshwhxna72.jpg

_MG_2979_zpsw5jblllx.jpg

Firey Digi

_MG_2973_zpsq2jlbq9f.jpg

_MG_2974_zps1oevjv91.jpg

Symphillia I picked up at the Tampa Frag Swap

_MG_2977_zpsyr1hss2w.jpg

Yellow Finger Gorg from the Tampa Frag Swap

_MG_2972_zpsbplzd6mt.jpg

Crappy Evening FTS

_MG_2970_zpsc98az4ab.jpg

Looks like you have a very good reason to upgrade in the future lol!

• Like 1