ReefCleaners.org

26 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Finally got to take a look at this thread and the main inhabitant is gone! :( He was a pretty cool little fella!  I love that the xenia was outcompeting the aiptasia! :lol:

Just now, Nixperience said:

Sad times ☹️

I am holding out hope that he's still in the rock but I've seen no activity and he's pretty anal about me messing up his creations.  

• Like 1

Oh my. As you can probably tell by all the recent "likes" I just read this whole thread. So very disappointed in the ending of this chapter. Maybe he'll be like Jason Bourne and come out of hiding to save the world.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Oh my. As you can probably tell by all the recent "likes" I just read this whole thread. So very disappointed in the ending of this chapter. Maybe he'll be like Jason Bourne and come out of hiding to save the world.

I really hope so. fingerscrossed

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

Or at least rearrange it! :lol:

• Like 2

Still no word from The Creep. :(

A sort of happy note is that thanks to Aiptasia Island, The Home of The Creep is a finalist in the Ugly Tank Contest 2017...... I like to think it's the prettiest of the ugliest. ;)

i received some macros today:

Blue Hypnea

Red Lightning

hetereosiphona gibessii

IMG_1070.thumb.JPG.46dd54474e164735d9dd4c315b08af7a.JPG

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Gratz! Where did you get those macros?

333Aquatics......ebay ;)

i ordered from him before but The Creep tore them all up except for the Dragons Breath.....very nice packaging..

• Like 1
Nixperience
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

333Aquatics......ebay ;)

i ordered from him before but The Creep tore them all up except for the Dragons Breath.....very nice packaging..

Thanks. I was wondering if they were worth the price. They look so small in the pics on eBay. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Thanks. I was wondering if they were worth the price. They look so small in the pics on eBay. 

Both times I have ordered I was happy with the sizes. Very clean frags packaged in little tubes to protect them.  

IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.01edf76b668d3c657c88434638f5e536.JPGIMG_1073.thumb.JPG.f404ef494e9611173d3d7e1598ee89ab.JPG

• Like 3
Nixperience
15 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Both times I have ordered I was happy with the sizes. Very clean frags packaged in little tubes to protect them.  

IMG_1072.thumb.JPG.01edf76b668d3c657c88434638f5e536.JPGIMG_1073.thumb.JPG.f404ef494e9611173d3d7e1598ee89ab.JPG

Cool. I was tempted. Maybe I'll do it for those hard to get ones. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

333Aquatics......ebay ;)

Nice!  I just ordered from him a week or two ago as well and was surprised at the size of the frags vs the size of the listings.  I do plan to order again in the future, he has some hard to find stuff!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Nice!  I just ordered from him a week or two ago as well and was surprised at the size of the frags vs the size of the listings.  I do plan to order again in the future, he has some hard to find stuff!

I would definitely order again. 

I hope they all do well in there but part of me was hoping I would wake up and they would all be chewed up and glued to the rocks. :mellow: 

• Like 2

IMG_1100.thumb.JPG.b87c9d77c20ce4ed3972f45f495d66fd.JPG

I ordered pods and snails for my other tank from live-plants and got this Hypnea Pannosa for The Creep's tank. Much larger than the frag from eBay.  :o

• Like 3
mitten_reef
31 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Nice pick-up!

I had blue hypnea once, it grew so big, I fragged it, and traded in to the same LFS. Then, I added ONE turbo snail, it ate the entire fist-sized ball in a week. I haven't been able to find blue hypnea in any local shops since :-( . So just a cautionary tale on snail choice.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

I ordered pods and snails for my other tank from live-plants and got this Hypnea Pannosa for The Creep's tank. Much larger than the frag from eBay.  :o

Haha yeah they send some pretty big frags as far as I understand!  Any room left in the tank now? :P

4 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Nice pick-up!

I had blue hypnea once, it grew so big, I fragged it, and traded in to the same LFS. Then, I added ONE turbo snail, it ate the entire fist-sized ball in a week. I haven't been able to find blue hypnea in any local shops since :-( . So just a cautionary tale on snail choice.

I've actually never had turbos as when I started everyone said they got too big for my little tanks.  Bummer about that though!  I had a zebra hermit eat the entirety of my hitchhiking sargassum and even the nub it grew from.  I was so mad!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the new guys:IMG_1165.thumb.JPG.211e9a33792f55fb842a6712ebbb2854.JPG

Not sure what these things are...... tunicates I guess.  They are reactive and can stretch out. 

IMG_1254.thumb.JPG.2713402c248797805b11bc713341b14b.JPG

The Xenia is still beating the aiptasia in the race for space.  

I am going to continue to clean them out because this tank needs some action in the absence of The Creep.    

• Like 3

This peanut worm shared a rock with The Creep.  I've only seen its entire body once......,Usually I just see his feather duster head sticking out somewhere. This was the farthest I've seen him stretch. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Home of the peanut worm

I need to change the title but I keep hoping The Creep is going to pop out somewhere and try to grab me.  fingerscrossed

1 minute ago, Nixperience said:

You should get some Florida live rock and see what kind of new creep you can acquire. 

Yeah im kind of jealous of all that Tampa Bay stuff everyone is getting.