SaltCritters.com

Less than two weeks in the cube and the Xenia is on the move.  The Creep has been using some of it and the rest has a mind of its own. 

IMG_0534.thumb.JPG.3a5324cec464f72951319163a921ad01.JPG

so so far the aiptasia don't mind. :)

gone_PHiSHin

now aren't you glad you didn't keep it in your 12gal?? :P

its crazy how quickly it spreads.  it looks cool in there though.  i really do love that red feather duster rock!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

now aren't you glad you didn't keep it in your 12gal?? :P

its crazy how quickly it spreads.  it looks cool in there though.  i really do love that red feather duster rock!

Sooo glad!!

I always thought it sent out runners or something.  I didn't know it would just let go and fly around in there.  We'll see how it does with the aiptasia. 

I love the red feather dusters too!  If The Creep ever cuts them loose I may move them out of there.. 

WV Reefer

I was doing a water change and knocked the feather duster rock off aiptasia island...... The Creep was not happy.

It allowed me to see how much work he had done to secure the duster rock to his rock. Sometimes I see threads like a spiderweb connecting things together but this was more solid.... like a thin sheet of plastic.

None of the pictures I took were good enough to see it but his engineering skills are crazy. 

Here are a couple close ups of feeding time this morning:

IMG_0600.thumb.PNG.fee984cf6e3f98a454d5874f718bf406.PNGIMG_0601.thumb.PNG.88bbf4d753d5ed1567834338163e37e7.PNG

• Like 4
WV Reefer
2 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

what an interesting creature

glad you gave this "pest" his own tank, so cool

I would love at some point to capture his decorating on camera...... the way he moves things is just amazing to me.  

• Like 1
SaltyBuddha
Just now, WV Reefer said:

I would love at some point to capture his decorating on camera...... the way he moves things is just amazing to me.  

Live cam? Called the Creep Cam?

• Like 1
WV Reefer
Just now, SaltyBuddha said:

I would watch it all day. Creep Vision. It's up to you now fingerscrossed

Oh no.... the pressure.  :blink:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The Creep has been quite the loner lately so no updates on him.  

The Xenia has been in there almost a month now and it currently is outperforming the aiptasia.  

IMG_0888.thumb.JPG.ee33c4bbf7535b145b19553292458ec2.JPGIMG_0889.thumb.JPG.2c6dc284a36914632cde929dadd1f2a2.JPG

The giant "mother" aiptasia actually moved over to make room. 

The Dragons Breath is getting bigger and some of the other macros are sprouting back to life after The Creep tore them up. 

• Like 2

I had some catching up to do on ' the creep'.  I am happy to find the creep and its exhibit tank to be doing quite well.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

whoa!  is that going to make a million other little aiptasias??!

The big b*tch survived. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

The Creep hasn't showed his face much lately.....even for food.  It's not unusual to not see him for awhile but it's been longer than normal.

A few nights ago I tore the "front door" he created off the rock to see if he would come to repair it but he hasn't showed up. :unsure:

Just now, teenyreef said:

Dang it, that was not the update I was hoping for when I started catching up on this thread. I hope he shows up!

Me too.  I'm attached to the little weirdo. 

• Like 1

Last night I searched the cube again and found no signs of The Creep.  He has not come out to eat and has not repaired any of the "doors" I tore off his rock.  Unless he has sealed himself up inside his rock, I think he may be gone.  

After my search I cleaned out all of the "free floating" Aiptasia and dropped some Berghia in to help knockdown the rest to a manageable level.  I also added some tiny snails and two tiny hermits to help clean things up.  

If The Creep is no longer around I think I may use @Weetabix7's 4 gallon as inspiration and put some more macros in.......  The Dragons Breath has been doing great in there.  

IMG_1013.thumb.JPG.b575b7a692f9f53a163935790cffc2db.JPG

• Like 1

Finally got to take a look at this thread and the main inhabitant is gone! :( He was a pretty cool little fella!  I love that the xenia was outcompeting the aiptasia! :lol:

• Like 1