Innovative Marine Aquariums

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Is that dragon's breath?  It looks so pretty!  My latest clump is turning transparent. :tears:

Yes..... it has done really well. It's the only frag from the first batch that The Creep didn't eat.  

14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Yes..... it has done really well. It's the only frag from the first batch that The Creep didn't eat.  

Apparently I need Creep poop to make mine grow lol :rolleyes:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Apparently I need Creep poop to make mine grow lol :rolleyes:

Mine looked a little rough at first.  Maybe yours is just settling in. 

30 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine looked a little rough at first.  Maybe yours is just settling in. 

Hope so.  It's pretty clear. :(

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, spectra said:

Just saw this sorry to hear................have not been keeping up with threads as I am busy.

Thanks. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, things are looking up in the cube....... guess it needs a new name though.  

Anyway......

Aiptasia are on the run!  Even the giant "mother" is gone, yay Berghias!!!!!   :happydance:

All macros seem to be doing great. The Blue Hypnea has attached to the glass and heater.   The two hermits are still doing great.  

IMG_1468.thumb.JPG.bb1cc21198e9139945cde4895906f41f.JPG

IMG_1561.thumb.JPG.0192f89fe2f2282581d95e6b84472d60.JPG

Most Of the Pulsing Xenia have bailed off the plug and are either on the main rock or the glass. 

• Like 4

Algae has started to disappear now that the macros are growing. 

Almost water change time..... my schedule this far has been every three months.  

IMG_1766.thumb.JPG.8e3db752dd3c378816560914a6a525cc.JPGIMG_1767.thumb.JPG.0385111a1d71ebab779f0a4d5b974e01.JPG

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Algae has started to disappear now that the macros are growing. 

Almost water change time..... my schedule this far has been every three months.  

IMG_1766.thumb.JPG.8e3db752dd3c378816560914a6a525cc.JPGIMG_1767.thumb.JPG.0385111a1d71ebab779f0a4d5b974e01.JPG

Yep, that's what happens. 

Glad it's doing well for you!!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Yep, that's what happens. 

Glad it's doing well for you!!

Well, it definitely looks better!  Big change from Aiptasia Island to lush macro forest. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

any plans for a new creature in there?  or maybe a fish??

Too small for fish....... right now it's two tiny hermits, a couple peanut worms, the feather dusters and a handful of bristleworms.  

Would like to see more movement for sure. Maybe some sexys or something like that. I've mainly been concentrated on cleaning it up since The Creep died. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Looking good in there!

........I think you need to black out your rear glass.  Just say'n

I know :(  

14 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I know :(  

I got some black vinyl sheet that basically clings on to the tank.....just peeling off whenever you want.  Used it on my cube.  Looks like paint...no bubbles and hasn't let go in ....quite some time.  I have extra if you want it.

26 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I got some black vinyl sheet that basically clings on to the tank.....just peeling off whenever you want.  Used it on my cube.  Looks like paint...no bubbles and hasn't let go in ....quite some time.  I have extra if you want it.

That would be awesome!  I didn't really want to paint it because of that light mount.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

That would be awesome!  I didn't really want to paint it because of that light mount.  

Shoot me a PM and I'll try to get it in the mail this coming Friday.  

• Like 2