Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanobox Duo Height & Reducing Spillage Question

burtbollinger

burtbollinger

I have mine set at 7.5" above my Reefer 170 (34 g)....and was thinking of going lower.

I had read somewhere? that 7.5-9" was the ideal height, but after living with it at that height for a while, its not bad, but I'm kinda hoping to reduce the light spillage a bit.

In theory, lowering is what would slightly reduce spillage? (sorry, this is a very dumb question....but I'm used to fixed height MH)

Dave, I had read where yours was 4-5" from the surface of the water...is this the height you would recommend?

I have mine set at 7.5" above my Reefer 170 (34 g)....and was thinking of going lower.

I had read somewhere? that 7.5-9" was the ideal height, but after living with it at that height for a while, its not bad, but I'm kinda hoping to reduce the light spillage a bit.

In theory, lowering is what would slightly reduce spillage? (sorry, this is a very dumb question....but I'm used to fixed height MH)

Dave, I had read where yours was 4-5" from the surface of the water...is this the height you would recommend?

I would lower it a bit. 4-5". However like the above post some people enjoy the light being higher for maintenance.

burtbollinger

I have mine at 5", slightly forward of center and angled back to shine the light onto the corals and not my face.

ditto, i also copied your settings from another thread...gonna try them out at some point.

Archived