SaltCritters.com

"Bulletproof" 7 gallon display

blackwagon

My last tank was a 8' 240 gallon beast. After a short break I'm back with a much smaller tank.

7 gallon display - AI Prime lit

40 breeder sump (refugium/frag tank) $106 chinese LED lit

Livestock:

Doni/picasso lineage clownfish.

cleanershrimp

Looking for:

pom pom crab

anemone shrimp

Coral is going to be zoa/paly dominated.

Current setup pic:

cTwwsSA.jpg

Finally dug this thing out of the closet and set it up about 2 months ago. I just came from a 8' 240gallon and the nano life has been so much easier to maintain.

uuxA2kO.jpg

It's currently sitting on my desk but I will be building something for it soon. A custom 30 or 40 breeder raceway sump to come as well. I'm just going to do a refugium and a big frag section since I think this tank will be grown out very fast.

uGtdrCw.jpg

Got a pair of clowns from a semi local breeder. A doni picasso and a bali picasso. I just gave the bali picasso to my nephew yesterday because the war zone got pretty serious in the last week or so.

Fw562zz.jpg

The tank started with a old rapid led par38 but I ended up finding a nuvo 10 with a bunch of stuff I wanted so that became my nephews Christmas present and I took the AI prime for my tank.

hcFEHIC.jpg

My nephews setup so far.

38CYNbo.jpg

Both light mounts are very creative.

Did you build the 7 gallon tank?

Thanks. My lfs had it built for me.

I was about to ask why the acrylic was so flipping thick... But I'm guessing the thread title tells me all I need to know?

I saw a thick one at someone's house I liked the look. I asked my lfs (Faois) if they knew anyone with enough scraps to build me a cube and he emailed me a few days later with a price that I couldn't pass on.

You in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

Largo

Awesome "hanging kit" for your nephews light. Very cool that you are getting him into the hobby.

I just needed more places to stash my corals :lol:

I think it will be good for him. His dad is very meticulous so I think the tank will be fine with the both of them tending to it. I had some stuff fragged up I was going to give to my friend as an insurance plan for myself but my brother in law snagged some red hornets and funky ds for the kids tank already.

video of max before he got his tank

Top down of my tank to keep this semi on topic

XNEiRW1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm building a "stand" soon. Open concept style. Super pumped about my new anemone. Been showing my clownfish videos of other clowns in anemones for a couple hours now :P .

I also bought a camera.
LltC7LH.jpg

and took advantage of petcos dollar a gallon sale and got a 40 breeder for my sump.

3av8iCn.jpg

my new BTA

h3As3HN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Little top down
AJ8Q6JX.jpg

Just got some ricordeas too. They're sitting in the sump right now to make sure the glue holds before I put em in the tank.

I need to stop moving frags around so I can track growth with pictures better.

Archived