Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

New tank thread, time for Kate upton pics again??

I said the same thing to Benny!

Oh yea, by the way, keep your damn Aiptasia up there, I found one in the one softie run. Charlie the Copperband was a happy camper to get a snack though. :D

Looks like I'm a go for Fiji on 1.6.17 so if you want anything lemme know so I can add it in there, gonna shoot for 3-4 boxes.

oh wow

I don't transship Fiji off the west coast, they're expensive bastards there so I'm REALLY low on Fiji stuff. I'm really low on everything right now, fraggers are killing me.

Here's something neat I found probably 10 years ago. I'd love to get some dewatted mines to do sculpture and furniture with.

http://marinemine.com/artist/

• Like 1

Woo hoo!

Peppermints for the aiptasia?

Yes, I'm still throwing out the old rock even though folks are telling me to dry it out and aiptasia will be gone. I don't know if I should consider it.

I really think this is the tank thats gonna be your masterpiece. such an awesome canvas for a master reefer like you to work on.

:blush:

Not a master reefer, just an intense one. Thanks Burt.

I agree on the canvas being awesome though, this could be the masterpiece or it could be an utter disaster.

• Like 3

Aww. When is it set to arrive?

Not sure. The quoted lead time was 2 weeks which would put it at this next Monday, but I'd be shocked if the holidays didn't put some delay in that. Hopefully it'll be in by the 7th and I'll be able to pick it up.
  • Like 1

Yes, I'm still throwing out the old rock even though folks are telling me to dry it out and aiptasia will be gone. I don't know if I should consider it.

:blush:

Not a master reefer, just an intense one. Thanks Burt.

I agree on the canvas being awesome though, this could be the masterpiece or it could be an utter disaster.

I would think they can't survive being dried out, but I don't blame you for not wanting to take that chance in a new tank.

• Like 1

If you do enough to kill the aptasia, you'll do enough to kill everything else on the rock. Don't see any point in using it vs new rock at that point.

I ain't even caught up on the last thread and ya go and do this. Might not have to now. You gonna run outta room in your sig for cool tiles too.. slow down meow. Hows the transfer goin to the holding tank?

• Like 1

Im interested how flow dynamics work within a drop off tank.. How is the deep section going to get much flow? or is that the whole idea, high flow upper half and low flow bottom?

• Like 1

I'm gonna go collect some peps for free... cold front and some 5 ft seas should wash up plenty of sponges with them hiding.

Just rub it in why don ya. :D

DONGS 8D

Kidding. Good luck!! :)

You women and your dongs, sheesh.

I'm still laughing at that email and 600 gallons of food, lol.

• Like 1

Hey, remember that one time you tried upgrading and then this happened?

Not trying to be mean; just trying to keep you "on point"

what the what?

I'm still laughing at that email and 600 gallons of food, lol.

hehe

Im interested how flow dynamics work within a drop off tank.. How is the deep section going to get much flow? or is that the whole idea, high flow upper half and low flow bottom?

I'm curious too. Might have to get another gyre and run them half each, meaning with only one propeller.

Hold onto the rock, I'll take it. I have a tank that is the Aiptasia punisher. My Berghia nudibranchs need food. I'll bring them back in a few months sans Aiptasia. ;)

I will try to stick them in a bucket to hold on to them

DONGS 8D

Kidding. Good luck!! :)

thanks!

I ain't even caught up on the last thread and ya go and do this. Might not have to now. You gonna run outta room in your sig for cool tiles too.. slow down meow. Hows the transfer goin to the holding tank?

Holding tank is an alge mess and I had the LEDs on too high so I have color bleaching on a lot of the SPS. Hopefully they will recover since nothig has died yet.

what the what?

Holding tank is an alge mess and I had the LEDs on too high so I have color bleaching on a lot of the SPS. Hopefully they will recover since nothig has died yet.

Alls I'm sayin is: Don't get ahead of yourself

• Like 1