Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

At the new apartment. Sorry, I might have misunderstood your plans with this system.

Are you going to run both tanks at once?

No worries. So the corals have been moved into the holding tank at this apartment now for 3 weeks, I was initially moving them slowly but all the SPS is here already except the Katropora island. I'm moving that this weekend into the holding tank.

At that point the tank is empty and I will get the fish and the sand and whatever else I need to - return pump, heater etc.

Drain the water into brute drums. Clean out the tank.

New tank arrives Thursday I hope to have it plumbed the same day. (Still to get the new sump)

Fill it with old water, sand. Hoping my handyman can come and install the light if not it will sit on the rim of the tank.

Start moving corals, easy ones first like zoas and such.

Right now I do have 2 tanks running. When the new tank gets here, yes I'll have 2 tanks the new and the holding tank. But eventually it will be just the one tank. The drop-off.

Do you still have the rose coral that was in your sump? If so can we expect it to make an appearance in this new tank?

Unfortunately I lost all my rose corals last year. :(

Looks like quality setup.Would there be a issue with just using a standard tank and using shelf rock in layers to build a drop off vs the wasted space of these style tanks? Would have more biological filtration and look more natural. Just my thoughts lol.

• Like 2

Looks like quality setup.Would there be a issue with just using a standard tank and using shelf rock in layers to build a drop off vs the wasted space of these style tanks? Would have more biological filtration and look more natural. Just my thoughts lol.

I don't think there would be any issue to it, however if you wanted flat encrusting things growing on a very flat wall, this is by far the easier way to do it.

How about sand on the top level, bare bottom on the... bottom part, so it looks

like an abyss or deep blue hole... Wouldn't that be really different!

Or fill the tank half way and make the top part a beach... :P

You'd need to add a vertical strip across the width of the tank however deep you'd want the sandbed to keep it from falling off into the bottom. If you wanted the abyss look, you'd be restricted from putting any corals on the bottom or it would ruin the look. It could make for a pretty epic tank if you pulled it off, with a lot of negative space.
  • Like 4

I'm not one to write deep thoughts for public consumption but I'm about to. It isn't Thanksgiving but I am very grateful for the year that is now coming to a close. I left my comfort zone to reach out and take a chance on something, and someone, that I believed in: my passion and myself. I took a leap of faith in myself and was rewarded by the trust that people put in me. Transitioned on from a business I grew up in, to try something that I've only ever dreamed of. I have always believed that we have to manifest our own destiny. I got a tattoo to remind me of that many many years ago. Truthfully, I almost gave up on that belief and even tried to laser the damn tat off. But here I am, all I needed was to believe in myself. I can't wait for 2017. Cheers for hanging with me.

• Like 13

I'm not one to write deep thoughts for public consumption but I'm about to. It isn't Thanksgiving but I am very grateful for the year that is now coming to a close. I left my comfort zone to reach out and take a chance on something, and someone, that I believed in: my passion and myself. I took a leap of faith in myself and was rewarded by the trust that people put in me. Transitioned on from a business I grew up in, to try something that I've only ever dreamed of. I have always believed that we have to manifest our own destiny. I got a tattoo to remind me of that many many years ago. Truthfully, I almost gave up on that belief and even tried to laser the damn tat off. But here I am, all I needed was to believe in myself. I can't wait for 2017. Cheers for hanging with me.

Believing in yourself and sending out positivity is what it takes! Results might not come right away, but it will happen (and many times easier said than done). Here's to a happy and healthy 2017 to you and everyone else on here!

• Like 3

31200208634_dba2db56bf_h.jpg

Believing in yourself and sending out positivity is what it takes! Results might not come right away, but it will happen (and many times easier said than done). Here's to a happy and healthy 2017 to you and everyone else on here!

Well said! Thank you.

• Like 11