Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

@Mariaface usually goes to the shows with me so you were missed girl.

I missed my little girl Calleigh a LOT! She barely sat in the vicinity of the web cam all weekend.

Tank has the canister filter going on it now for a couple of weeks to help with the move.

These new lids from @Marine Depot are da bomb!

Last one for today - Calleigh on video about to fall asleep

• Like 9
StinkyBunny
4 hours ago, metrokat said:

Also Happy Birthday @StinkyBunny. :flower:

And I'm ready to move in 4 weeks to a new apartment!! egyptian.gif

Very excited! Debating on a new tank and the choice is between a Reefer 250 or a Reefer 350 - If you have one of these please post your FTS and also a picture of your sump/cabinet please. Thank you.

Thanks for the birthday wishes love. If you need a hand moving, lemme know, the Crosstrek has a cavern in the back and I have no problem coming up to help out. I'll even haul your old tank away free. :D

• Like 1
3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes love. If you need a hand moving, lemme know, the Crosstrek has a cavern in the back and I have no problem coming up to help out. I'll even haul your old tank away free. :D

You most certainly will not! :angry:

Dibs! 

They have been called.

• Like 1

RAP sounds like it was so much fun. Someday I'll get an excuse to go to Orlando for work at the same time RAP is going on. 

Good luck with the move - have you talked about what the new place is like? I can't remember seeing anything :)

Also, with the switch to a new tank, I was wondering what you think of the drop off style tank now that you've mastered it?

• Like 3
23 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

heheheheh

19 hours ago, Mariaface said:

You most certainly will not! :angry:

Dibs! 

They have been called.

getoverit.gif

19 hours ago, teenyreef said:

RAP sounds like it was so much fun. Someday I'll get an excuse to go to Orlando for work at the same time RAP is going on. 

Good luck with the move - have you talked about what the new place is like? I can't remember seeing anything :)

Also, with the switch to a new tank, I was wondering what you think of the drop off style tank now that you've mastered it?

Huge congratulations for a double win in the Pico contest - wow!!! :wub:

I haven't mentioned the new digs anywhere. It's another 1BR apartment - just across the street actually - larger which is what I was going for.

I really love my neighborhood so I only looked for apartments in the complex that I am moving to. 

The drop off is challenging - for someone like me that puts emphasis on an aquascape that seems thoughtful, it was challenging X4. 

I think I did a good job with it. Other than scaping it, the flow is a challenge although I think that with 2 powerheads one on each level will work just fine.

10 hours ago, markalot said:

Moved yet?   It didn't take us this long to build a new house.  :D

:slap: Don't be sassy

I'm moving in 4 weeks. So excited.

I was originally getting less than one week to move - but my current landlady extended my lease for a week - happy about that.

The movers will move everything in 3 hours or less of course but the tank will stay up till the last possible day (not letting the movers touch it) to prolong the time in between the new tank being set up and moving livestock. I am not overly worried with the biological filtration move that I have planned. 

• Like 5

I'm still not able to get the details on the reefer 250 vs 350. The inside cabinet dims for one - I will be using a different sump so dimensions would help right.

Also thinking of peeling off the backing to make it clear.

Decisions decisions.

Christopher Marks

Welcome back Kat, Reef-A-Palooza sounds like it was a ton of fun! 

28 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Also thinking of peeling off the backing to make it clear.

I like this, the tanks tend to feel so much brighter in a room. Is it tough to remove on the RSR?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back Kat, Reef-A-Palooza sounds like it was a ton of fun! 

I like this, the tanks tend to feel so much brighter in a room. Is it tough to remove on the RSR?

I'm not sure - so far I have found one person who removed it and they said it wasn't difficult.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ebn said:

From what I've seen from other RSR tanks the sump consumes the left hand side compartment of the stand. You can find the sump dimensions in their full catalog details:

https://www.redseafish.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/R99525_Aquarium-Full-Catalog-with-XXL-and-Peninsula_GBR_17A.pdf

Scroll to the last few pages where the specs are listed.

Thanks EBN, Those dims are on every site that sells the tank yeah. The sump dims they have listed are per the chambers and not the total, cabinet dims are not listed either so it is hard to determine how much space is left for anything if you use the stock sump. Sure you can get the outside cabinet dimensions based on the tank size but who knows how thick the cabinet material is. Specifics are so important.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, metrokat said:

Huge congratulations for a double win in the Pico contest - wow!!! :wub:

I haven't mentioned the new digs anywhere. It's another 1BR apartment - just across the street actually - larger which is what I was going for.

I really love my neighborhood so I only looked for apartments in the complex that I am moving to. 

The drop off is challenging - for someone like me that puts emphasis on an aquascape that seems thoughtful, it was challenging X4. 

I think I did a good job with it. Other than scaping it, the flow is a challenge although I think that with 2 powerheads one on each level will work just fine.

Thank you! That's interesting to hear about the drop off and confirms the impressions I formed from watching you put it together. Good luck with the move!

Well, how about this for your sump dimensions? RSR 250 sump is 19.33" x  17.17" x  13.98". RSR 350 sump is 27.56" x 17.17" x 13.78". 

image.png.d4cab8671f0533c25f23ed18567972f9.png

image.png.8312227d2fbdaccaa2f95d19f79ca121.png

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

New news! Tore this tank down recently: beginning of May 2018. I am upgrading :ninja:

By the time I tore down, this tank had been running from Jan 2017, so 16 months.

Thanks for the memories.

• Wow 3
mitten_reef
16 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

It looks so different when it's just a ton of coralline 😛

r u really taking over/inheriting this tank in some ways?  Must be exciting!  Please keep us all updated with the progress on such a unique tank....😝

• Like 4
mitten_reef
14 hours ago, metrokat said:

New news! Tore this tank down recently: beginning of May 2018. I am upgrading :ninja:

By the time I tore down, this tank had been running from Jan 2017, so 16 months.

Thanks for the memories.

RSR 350 upgrade?    

Just now, micoastreefing said:

RSR 350 upgrade?    

Yessuh. Need to start a new thread soon, not sure what to call it. Which reminds me, should change the title of this thread.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

r u really taking over/inheriting this tank in some ways?  Must be exciting!  Please keep us all updated with the progress on such a unique tank....😝

Yes!! 😍

I'm making a new thread soon, I promise!! 

• Like 3

The move was not as troublesome this time around I hope?

My 60G has gotten a bit of a FL biotope theme going. I just need more corals to fill it up.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
15 hours ago, metrokat said:

Thanks for the memories.

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw it empty! 😵

The RedSea Reefer 350 will make for a beautiful system. Are you planning to introduce any of your old livestock to the new tank, or is the plan to start totally fresh? How exciting!

1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

Yes!! 😍

I'm making a new thread soon, I promise!! 

Whoa how cool that you have it now! 👏👏👏 Can't wait to see!!!